General
Dangerous Effects of Internet Addiction

Dangerous Effects of Internet Addiction

Shared by:

Learn the dangerous effects of Internet addiction and how you can get the help you need to recover successfully.

www.addictions.com

16 Nov 2016 - General

Naaaah. Internet addiction is quite common nowadays. I have seen group of students eating together with their phones or gadgets on their hands. Technological gadgets have posed a bad impact on social relationships. Children are addicted to gadgets. They don’t have time to sit with their family and to spend some good time with them. They prefer to connect with their friends via text, chatting or any social media sites etc., rather than meeting them actually. Means, they are connected with others ...
 (Total 132 words)
Thank you Rajinda Asalage , Marinelle Castro , Theekshana Abayawickrama for your valuable comments. Like Marinelle Castro, I would also like to know about the organi...
 (Total 31 words)
What would I tell about the internet addiction? Because even now also I am surfing the internet. Anyway a proper management is needed. We have to realize what we have to gain and what we have to refuse while we are using the internet. And I must say that there are lots of bad effects of being addicted to the internet. Some people use the internet overnight and it will be a real trouble for the circadian rhythm. Later they may develop blurred vision, night blindness and so many vision problems as...
 (Total 105 words)
The first question to ask is, is the internet a necessity? In this day and age, I honestly think that connectivity through online networking is a necessity, if not considered a right. Information technology allows us to do our work more efficiently, thereby increasing our productivity. I think that internet addiction is reserved for those who leisurely chooses to spend their time online, whereas they can spend it with their loved ones. Sadly, a lot of people choose this path, and it is increasin...
 (Total 130 words)
Internet addiction is a huge problem in the society, but what is more alarming is that people are unaware that they are addicts. If someone smokes too many cigarettes a day, or if one can't go on a day or two without alcohol, everyone knows that there is an addiction problem with that person and they step in to help him. Or at least label him as an addict. But most of us in the current society are taken up by electronic devices and the internet that there's no one to stop us and tell ...
 (Total 101 words)
Ahh..Addiction to smoking, alcohol, sugars has been discussed in this healthcare community. However, internet addiction is found to be one of the prevalent type of addiction these days. People have got so much used to using their cell phones, tablets with internet, that their complete lifestyle has changed. When you go to a cafe, ask for the wifi settings or even a library, you cannot reisist to open the whatsapp or facebook or other social media apps. Many research studies have found the negati...
 (Total 142 words)