General
Nurses, here are 9 healthy habits you should incorporate now

Nurses, here are 9 healthy habits you should incorporate now

Shared by:

Young nurses often care for others but forget to worry about their own health. Thus, here are a few basic habits that you should already have by now.

today.mims.com

17 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you very much for this reminder. Since I started doing full time after maternity, I have chosen to skip breakfast at home so I can have a longer sleep (an additional 30 minutes sleep is a lot for a sleep deprived mom. Haha). So, whilst at work I would aim to eat breakfast by 930 or 10 but that doesnt happen most of the time and me ending up having breakfast at 11, and it's nearly time for lunch. This has not been a really wise idea at all. Starting next week, I hope to be doing things...
 (Total 138 words)
Hectic working schedule, starting to work in the early morning, off work late, doing extra shift, staying back late will result a reduced available of time to care for our own health. As Priscilla Mae Gobuyan pointed out, take good care of ourselves will be first important thing to do, before we can provide a good care to the patient. Those 9 healthy habits mentioned in the article of having breakfast every day,...
 (Total 116 words)
Yes right that's one of the sad reality nurses use to live by each day. We are there to care for other people but often forget to care for our loved ones and most especially ourselves. So it's a good thing to refresh the basics and we need to do for ourselves. Skipping meals is not unusual to healthcare providers. We already know the tips mentioned above but we failed to put it into action. Let's think first about our personal safety and well being before others. How we care about ou...
 (Total 124 words)
These nine habits will be good for anyone. I think we just really have to be smart enough to take good care of ourselves--and just as this article suggests, everyone can benefit from maintaining a balanced lifestyle. This means that you eat well, stay active and find time to LIVE LIFE. I know a lot of people, in an out of the medical world, who work themselves to the limit, in an effort to get ahead and go high up. The hunger for power and money can be so poisonous and addictive, but one should ...
 (Total 112 words)
All tips mentioned is realy helpful not only for nurses but for all types of profession. Getting breakfast is one of the necessities that should not be missed, i guess. But i think not everyone do eat their breakfast. Some may be good for a cup of coffee and a bread. However, for some it may include a rice, viand and beverage. Which is really perfect to start your day for work. I guess, from now on i should bring with my water tumbler for my hydration purposes.waaah! I should do this for my own ...
 (Total 112 words)
These are simple basic staying healthy tips that ALL should incorporate in our daily lives. We should all know that diet plays a very big role in our health. As we see more and more coronary diseases which involved younger people, we tend to be a bit more wary of what we consume on a daily basis. And as a trend of keeping fit is still on around us, do take advantage of it by getting involved in the activities available - which comprises of runs, fitness training, healthy cooking recipes, etc. Th...
 (Total 163 words)
Marinelle Castro I think you will start breakfast after reading this article and especially valuable information provided by Habiba Twakkol. Thank you for sharing your views and I agree with you and Madhubabu kaaja that we must have a complete medic...
 (Total 53 words)
These are great tips not only for nurses but for every one in the health care profession. Taking good care of oneself is simply going back to the basics - eating healthier, drinking more water, eating less junk food and fast food, and of course exercising to strengthen bones and other body structures. Additionally, finding ways of relieving stress is of course necessary. One of my favorite tips from this article would be number 7 - Be adventurous! I always think that a good way of relaxing would...
 (Total 112 words)
Habiba Twakkol Thank you for mentioning those studies about breakfast. Unfortunately, I usually skip breakfast because by habit, I am not a breakfast person. I am fond of drinking black coffee every morning, and that's it. At times, I often have brunch around 11am to keep my lunch period free - during that time I can do other things aside from work like take a nap or spend time with some colleagues. For all ...
 (Total 118 words)