General
Reclassifying medications– How much do you know?

Reclassifying medications– How much do you know?

Shared by:

As early as 2013, the Health Sciences Authority of Singapore (HSA) has been actively reclassifying medications. Fluconazole 150mg oral preparation and desonide 0.05% cream or lotion, were the first few examples of medications being reclassified from prescription-only medications to pharmacy–only medications this year. To date, more than 20 medications have enjoyed the same fate of reclassification1.

today.mims.com

17 Nov 2016 - General

It’s great to hear that in Singapore, the Health Sciences Authority is responsible for reclassifying medications. At first I was confused by the terms Pharmacy only and Prescription only, but reading this article made me realize that these classifica...
 (Total 105 words)
Madhubabu kaaja what I can add to the article that
Reclassification of a product normally follows a request from the company which holds a marketing authorisation (MA) (product licence) ...
 (Total 116 words)
Tahira Nawaz HSA a classified medicines into 3 categories viz prescription medicines, pharmacist only medicine. I think all pharmacist should aware the three difference. Pharmacist should a...
 (Total 64 words)
The Health Sciences Authority of Singapore (HSA) has reclassified the medications in 2013 such as Fluconazole 150mg oral preparation and desonide 0.05% cream or lotion, were the first few examples of medications being reclassified from prescription-o...
 (Total 127 words)
As early as 2013, the Health Sciences Authority of Singapore (HSA) has been actively reclassifying medications. Fluconazole 150mg oral preparation and desonide 0.05% cream or lotion, were the first few examples of medications being reclassified from ...
 (Total 56 words)