General
Doctors: 5 tips on getting the most out of medical conferences

Doctors: 5 tips on getting the most out of medical conferences

Shared by:

Attending medical conferences can be one of the most meaningful and rewarding experiences that any doctor can gain in his or her medical career. See these five tips on getting the most out of each and every one attended.

today.mims.com

18 Nov 2016 - General

I agree that attending medical conferences is a form of continuing medical education. In fact we should timely go for conference to update our knowledge, even right at the start of our careers at the level of medical students. I remembered the time when I have attended my first medical conference back in 2008 held in Suntec. It was really an eye opener for me which inspired me to carry on the passion in the discipline. I strongly believe the last point is the most important - networking. Because...
 (Total 117 words)
I do have the opportunities to attend a few different international specialty based conference, in Europe and USA. As mention before, usually the daily schedule for those conferences are very hectic, with a lot of different programmes running in the same time, ranging from post-graduate teaching, hand-on/practical training, sub-specialty research oral presentations, keynotes lecture, industrial sponsored symposium, specific disease based updated, etc. Usually I will be very selective, and will ...
 (Total 142 words)
Attending medical conference is always an important part of our continuous medical education. We can be updated with the latest medical advancement or clinical information in our area of specialty. We can be exposed to the latest clinical research in our specialty. Usually, there are a lot of different variety of activities available in the conference. I think the 2 most important things in attending the medical conferences will be focusing in the specific area that you are interested in and bui...
 (Total 110 words)
I love attending conventions, listening to new information and updates, and of course getting to know new people from the health care profession. Plus, we get to have freebies too from various boothss! :) Whenever we attend conferences, we make it appoint to be able to take a picture of the slides to review later on, though I also take down additional notes that aren’t found in the slides. I also pay attention to what resources or references the speaker used that could help expound on the topic ...
 (Total 120 words)
This article couldn't have come at a better time as I will be attending our annual convention for surgery this December. With my co-residents we will attend different topics so that we could share whatever we learn to each other after. With the digital age it is good to take pictures of slides as it is difficult to take down notes and listen. I would definitely rather take a picture and spend nore time listening. I like the idea of reading ahead about the topic. I will check the schedule ahe...
 (Total 91 words)
Attending conferences/conventions is a good way to augment the knowledge of our profession. What I love about conferences is that they share new ideas/ management that could become first-line treatment or diagnostic procedure in the next few years. I remember attending a convention where our speaker was a very outstanding neurologist who was not only a great clinician but researcher as well. He was presenting topics that were approved but not yet published from peers all over the world. He had t...
 (Total 154 words)
Madhubabu kaaja it is a great article and the tips mentioned in it , is beneficial to be applied in different fields.
Medical conferences are very interesting and carry a lot of benefits and socialization, we can meet people from different countries with different specialties where we can integrate and exchange knowledge and experience.
The tip mentioned in the article concerning how to creat the atmospher...
 (Total 108 words)
Marinelle Castro But I will extract all the data from roots of web for my research work. I too prefer past work theories with respect to current advances for better product development and some times old technologies work well than advanced technologies for a new drug. Participating not only important, we should resolve our doubts by raising questions at the end of session or speaker permits during session withou...
 (Total 82 words)
The best way to learn from a conference is to prepare and read pertinent evidence on the topic. I have observed that a lot of professionals limit their research to recent evidence (published within the last 5 years). For me, learning is more comprehensive when you look for landmark papers that were done in the past, and compare it with current evidence. There is merit in reviewing past evidence because these papers laid the foundation for current work. Also they are frequently referenced by curr...
 (Total 130 words)
I always love attending conferences, but I don't get to attend all the time. I still hope I could make time to attend a conference abroad, but that involves a lot of planning if you really want to maximize the entire trip. Anyway, when I go to conferences, I know that it's really important to plan your schedule. When I was younger and attending the Annual Dental Conventions with friends, I waste a lot of time going through the booths and buying supplies. Dental Conventions are also a goo...
 (Total 132 words)