General
Practical tips for nurses: How to save even with meager earnings

Practical tips for nurses: How to save even with meager earnings

Shared by:

Nurses in the Philippines complain of paltry salaries and how it is often a challenge to make ends meet, more so save. Here are practical reminders how nurses can protect their hard-earned money and save a portion for the rainy days.

today.mims.com

18 Nov 2016 - General

I think similar tips applies for everyone, but I personally feel that the more you save the better your future you will be. However it is truly your own life, some people prefers to look far ahead and starts planning for retirement while some people just loves to enjoy the very moment as we do not know how long we would live. So, it is certainly up to the individual. As I have mentioned in other article, everything should be in moderation, hence one should spare some cash for expenditure to impr...
 (Total 185 words)
Madhubabu kaaja very nice article, I really enjoyed reading it.
The tips mentioned in the article are very realistic and can be applied by anyone, the tips are so encouraging.
For me, I was a good saver when I was younger maybe because I wan't had any responsibilities,when I got older with the increased responsibilities I just wish the month end and I don't ask anyone to lend me.
I'll try t...
 (Total 141 words)
One of the things that saddens me is that many people, even professionals, are financially illiterate. We graduate and finish our degrees, only to find out that we aren’t very well equipped yet with handling finances and saving up for our future needs (since of course this wasn’t taught in school—which I think needs to be). The only remedy to this is to learn as much as we can about finances. There are a lot of free resources available on how we can teach ourselves to save up money for an emerge...
 (Total 278 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for the great tips on how to save money. Allied healthcare professionals have been studying about science their whole live because of one of the most common reasons - we hate math. Moreover, we have not been trained about handling finances during the course of our medical careers. Some articles state that financial experts agree about doctors being financially illiterate. After reading so...
 (Total 128 words)
Yes I have to agree that it is not how much you earn but on how use it. People has different priorities, needs and has their own way of budgetting. The salary cap of nurses compared to other countries is way too far and heart breaking. But one thing amazing this is that almost all nurses is able to spend their money wisely and suffice their needs. No wonder there's a lot of healthcare employers going out to seek for better and greener pasteur. 50/30/20 is not effective for me and my savings ...
 (Total 119 words)
This is a good topic to discuss because saving finances is a very difficult thing to do when your earnings are meager. I can relate to this because I am a resident, and we only have allowances. The most practical thing to do is to live within your means while you're looking for other opportunities to increase your earnings. One can take baby steps in saving. If you cannot save at least 10% of your earnings, then try using a coin bank. I know this may sound childish but the habit of saving st...
 (Total 130 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta thanking you for your comments on the topic. The payout is dependent on area and location. If we compare USA and PH salary definitely varied but we should keep in mind that cost of living also vatied. For suppose in Hyderabad 1BHK rent vary from 3500-35000 INR depending on location. If you planned well like occupying in low rental area, all your expenses reduced. Plan your expenditures well. Y...
 (Total 79 words)
Oh my, our nurses are getting so low, it's so insulting. I remember when I was an employee in a dental clinic in a mall (my first job) my parents were so mad at me because my salary was P300 per day. It's so funny because I worked in the mall and when my pay gets to my ATM, I come out of the mall and it's all gone, all in the same day. I always tell my parents--I had to do it for experience and for a year, I gathered all the experience I could do, saved nothing, but by the time I was...
 (Total 179 words)
Good for you Madhubabu kaaja for you are able to save that much from your income. However, it is different for nurses here in the Philippines. As it was mentioned in the article where salaries in other countries offer the highest annual pay scale for nurses include the United Kingdom (GBP 28,000), United States of America (USD67,000), Norway (NOK 44,000), Canada (CND 57,000), and Australia (AUD55,000). In the Phil...
 (Total 168 words)