General
Pharmacists: How do you decide if a medication is safe for pregnant mothers?

Pharmacists: How do you decide if a medication is safe for pregnant mothers?

Shared by:

Pregnant mothers are told to always consult their gynaecologist or pharmacists if they are taking any medications or are thinking of starting some medications. These may include over-the-counter medications, dietary or herbal products. See these guidelines on deciding which drugs are safe to recommend to pregnant mothers.

today.mims.com

18 Nov 2016 - General

Rajinda Asalage Thanks for the valuable information you have provided. BNF is the most authentic source of medical information and it is good practice to consult BNF and Medscape before sel...
 (Total 36 words)
In my our institution, every nurse station and consultation area has a drug formulary and MIMS drug reference. For pregnant patients, it is standard to check the drug category as ...
 (Total 129 words)
I do not hesitate to say that I also had some grey ideas on what antibiotic to use during the pregnancy. While the first few days I started to practice, I got cleared them. What I learnt was a bit different from the real practice. Usually cephalexin ...
 (Total 111 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Thank you for mentioning another important point that all natural products are hardly natural so all pregnant women must take care of it and don't take such ...
 (Total 35 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto It's great that you get a clearance first from a patient’s OB before performing any procedure or giving any anesthesia. ALso especially because pregnant patients ...
 (Total 181 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto It is best you can do in your practice. I think such treatments must be taken after delivery because mostly people especially ladies are naturally afraid of tooth extr...
 (Total 42 words)
Thanks for this, this is a good article and a good place to refer to, in case. But in my practice, when I am confronted with a case by a pregnant woman, I limit myself to procedures cleared by her OB. For teeth extractions (and other surgical procedu...
 (Total 89 words)
All medications are not safe during pregnancy so it is a duty of pharmacist to tell the patient about the safety of different drugs in pregnancy. It is an advice for pregnant ladies to consult gynecologists or pharmacist before taking any type of med...
 (Total 118 words)