General

Would you have your body cryogenically preserved?

Created by:

18 Nov 2016 - General

Recently, I've read about the case of an English teen who won a case in having the privilege of having her body preserved through cryonic preservation. Apparently, she has cancer and while she was alive, she thought that there might be a chance in the future that her body can be restored and cured of cancer. Of course this sounds like science fiction, but with the advent of recent technological advances, I am in agreement that there is a possibility that these things can happen. Just wanted to get the opinion of healthcare professionals if they would have their body cryogenically preserved, given the opportunity. Having said that, would you avail of cryogenic preservation, given the opportunity? 

Marinelle Castro Ya unfortunately the funding comes from such rich people and the scientists of course have not much say or even no say on who can use this technology. This reminds me of th...
 (Total 124 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz Yeah it is really pretty interesting, and I agree that the concept of having a soul is still very mysterious. Contrary to your decision, I am actually considering in engag...
 (Total 111 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Yeah, that is the same news but I read it from BBC. So, would you consider having yourself cryogenically preserved later on? ...
 (Total 112 words)
Very interesting!! Although life itself and the living soul are still big mysteries for science, there is a hope that this mystery will be solved one day. I imagine that there will be people seeking to follow the same path in the hope of living again...
 (Total 144 words)
Really now? Hmm well given that the patient is young and with terminal illness it is acceptable to some extent. I don't feel all too comfortable with the idea of cryogenic preservation as again there is a potential for abuse like the uber rich ca...
 (Total 99 words)
yes, I heard the news the company preserves is Alcor foundation. Court allowed 14 year cancer patient to store cryogenic-ally and she may live after 100 s years. I dont know how it is possible after death.
please go through http://www.telegraph.c...
 (Total 41 words)