General
Can fasting enhance the quality of health?

Can fasting enhance the quality of health?

Shared by:

The ancient practice of fasting has been proven by studies to reduce risks of various diseases. However, it is on a fine line that may lead to starvation and dangerous health effects.

today.mims.com

19 Nov 2016 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan That is right! I took a research module on how fasting before. There are more evidences that showed that calorie reduction increases healthy life span and decrea...
 (Total 56 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz It is good that you defined fasting for us. Fasting that way I would agree with. I actually did not know that is what Islams do. Thank you for sharing that! I appreciate l...
 (Total 137 words)
The body always tried to maintain an appropriate homeostasis, unless the compensation is too much and then it becomes decompensated. So in a healthy individual, whether you fast or you binge eat, the body will try to maintain a regular blood glucose ...
 (Total 129 words)
I agree with Jennifer Winter that fasting should not be done by people with co-morbid conditions, especially those with diabetes. On the physiologic standpoint, I am unclear of the benefit...
 (Total 137 words)
I believe that the respondent of the study named Barbieri was strictly monitored or being followed up by his doctors through his process of fasting for them to be succesful in their plans to prove that fasting is effective to have a good and healthy...
 (Total 116 words)
I guess we need to elaborate more on the actual meaning of fasting. We need to know that its meaning can vary from total abstinence from all food and drinks for short time- such as during sleeping, that’s why we have breakfast in the morning- to stop...
 (Total 183 words)
My goodness, fasting for 382 days? Crazy. Anyway, I don't eat three meals (with snacks) a day and the only time I do is when I go out on trips, because eating is a must when you go out. Sometimes I fast, but really, my normal daily existence invo...
 (Total 149 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Intermittent fasting gives your digestive system a rest, and this can energise your metabolism to burn through calories more efficiently. If your digestion is po...
 (Total 132 words)
I read somewhere and watched a documentary that emphasizes fasting as a way to prolong one’s life span. From what I picked up in the documentary, limiting the body’s calories triggers a mechanism that makes the tissues and cells try to function longe...
 (Total 134 words)
There is a fine line between starvation and fasting. I could definitely see the benefits of fasting but I wouldn't recommend this to people with co-morbids. A healthy individual can do this but I am not in favor of it. If although, as ...
 (Total 99 words)
Fasting has certain benefits to it in my point of view. Some will benefit out of it, some might not. Simple example is during fasting month for the Muslims, they not only have a small meal early in the morning to start their day and conserve energy b...
 (Total 145 words)
What the! Fasting of more or less a year is crazy! Now I am interested with what happened with the guy who'd undergone this record breaking fasting practice. This isn't healthy for me and almost everybody at all. But as what is being said in ...
 (Total 107 words)
Fasting is not the latest invention rather it is a practice from the ancient times. It has been concluded that starvation therapy can be completely successful and intermittent fasting has numerous health benefits that are listed in multiple research ...
 (Total 109 words)
Absolutely yes it can. Some people may confuse starvation with fasting. Starvation literally means starvation. It doesn’t mean skipping a meal or not eating for 24 hours. As Muslims, we have a fasting month every year when we stop eating or drinking...
 (Total 123 words)