General
3 excellent ways for healthcare professionals to stay current with medical news and literature

3 excellent ways for healthcare professionals to stay current with medical news and literature

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals do not always have the luxury of spending time in the morning flipping through newspaper pages or browsing through news sites to find reports and coverage that are significant. So if you are an healthcare professional who wishes to keep up-to-date with current affairs in medicine but lack the time to do so, consider the following alternatives for your daily dose of medical news, information and medical literature:

today.mims.com

19 Nov 2016 - General

Like the other MIMS community members, I became more updated because of my participation here in the community so kudos to MIMS for coming up with this platform. I am actually unfamiliar the first and the last options in the article. I have subscriptions to Medscape and LWW journals for some alerts. Also, at least once a week, I visit New England Journal of Medicine and Frontiers to look for new updates. International news platforms such as CNN and BBC are also helpful in keeping me updated. For...
 (Total 116 words)
These are great ways to keep up with medical and heath care news. Personally, I haven’t tried any of these sites, but reading the article makes me want to try them out. Especially since they save time and make it more convenient for us to read the news and medical literature. Evidence Updates seems to be a great way to select medical literature that are relevant to your practice, especially for health care professionals who work in fields that require them to keep updated with the latest evidenc...
 (Total 112 words)
Yeah, the medical sector is en ever changing area. The medical science is always being updated . New treatment protocols, newer drugs, new technology, newer diseases, new vaccines are always evolving. So it is very important for us to keep pace with the change.
However, the advancement in IT sector has made it easier for us. We can now easily get access to hundreds of medical literature and magazines with our smartphones. There are so many well known website which provide authentic informa...
 (Total 91 words)
The world is revolutionizing and there are just too many ways to stay current with medical news and literature. You can sign up for news feed or emails to be sent to you, with a choice of daily, weekly or monthly feeds. Some also come up with apps which can generate feeds on updates every time a new feed is posted. We should all start somewhere so we get updated and not be left out of the medical scene. Reading medical magazines that are available in bookstores can be helpful for those who prefe...
 (Total 142 words)
Yes, we are now living in a competitive world where nobody wants to settle for less but rather, always striving to be the best they can be. This article has provided basic yet direct steps on how to be equipped with the current news and events related to the healthcare field. Yes not everyone of us has the luxury of time to spend reading books and newspaper. Most of the people depends on the social media and world wide web platforms. Using the mims application is certainly one of the best tools ...
 (Total 126 words)
The healthcare industry is continuously evolving faster than ever. Whether it is newly released studies, new best practices or new techniques, the healthcare community is always thirsty to know more. Doctors, practitioners and other healthcare professionals can network & engage in conversations about medical practice, and share knowledge while maintaining confidentiality and ethical standards to encourage each other and share news and inspiration. For instance, distance e-learning methods. T...
 (Total 138 words)