General
PH: Solons want to extend maternity leave to 130 days

PH: Solons want to extend maternity leave to 130 days

Shared by:

In a bid to protect newly-delivered mothers’ health as well as their newborns, the House of Representatives Committee on Women and Gender Equality has proposed a bill that would increase the formal maternity leave from 60 days to 130 days.

today.mims.com

19 Nov 2016 - General

Wow, 52 weeks of paid leave in Denmark, Norway and Serbia! Now, that's something to consider for women who are planning to get pregnant in the next few years. Anyway, I am very pleased to read the our government is paying attention to these things @ mentioned. For the longest time, maternity leaves are so short and I believe that mothers need more time to recuperate and spend more time with their newborn. This is specially true for primiparous women because they have to adjust with a new rol...
 (Total 122 words)
I’m glad that lawmakers here in the Philippines have paid attention to the issues that recognize the importance of the needs of both mother and child after delivery. The current 60 days maternity leave is too short to ensure that the newborn baby get adequate attention, especially since health organizations and authorities recommend breastfeeding as the main source of nutrition for the baby. I’ve seen colleagues in my workplace who have newly returned from maternity leave facing the challenges o...
 (Total 164 words)