General
Singaporean scientists win prestigious prize for developing animal-free safety testing method

Singaporean scientists win prestigious prize for developing animal-free safety testing method

Shared by:

Two Singaporean researchers have become the first in Asia to win a prestigious prize for developing a method for safety testing without the need for animal experiments.

today.mims.com

20 Nov 2016 - General

Wow, I believe this is truly a breakthrough for the scientific and medical field. As a pharmacist, I know that it is necessary to first test on animals for studying the safety and efficacy of new drugs. However, as an animal lover, I agree that some of these tests are downright cruel and allow animals to suffer at the expense of medicine. Though again, this is a necessary evil, as animal testing helps ensure that drugs will be safer for humans, it would still be better if we can do away wit anim...
 (Total 122 words)
Animal testing has been an issue for a long time in the scientific community, and thank to these two scientists, we will now be able to carry out experimental research projects without having to harm innocent animals! Its actually amazing that this technology is already possible because I cannot imagine how a software can carryout safety testing. I hope that this software would be affordable to use so that the practice of animal testing will be lessened, if not eliminated. In out country, most a...
 (Total 130 words)
Congratulations to Dr. Daniele Zink and Dr. Loo Lit Hsin for winning the prestigious prize for developing a software program for the safety testing that eliminates the need for animal experiments first in Asia. These both Singaporean scientist from the Agency, Technology, and Research are awarded Lush Prize award for science in recognition to their efforts in 2016 in London. The effects of different chemicals and their effects on humans were then analyzed using an automated software program that...
 (Total 106 words)