General
When are placebos no longer placebos?

When are placebos no longer placebos?

Shared by:

While many theories believe that the placebo effect is driven by the human mind, a study showed that placebos still work – even when patients are told that they are taking placebos.

today.mims.com

21 Nov 2016 - General

Yes I totally agree that the placebo effect is amazing. It has been established that 30 percent of the time placebo effect occurs. I have ever told some patients, if you believe in the fact that the medication works, even though it is not proven to ...
 (Total 139 words)
Sometime, placebo does actually work magically for the patient, and this is the placebo effect. In a lot of clinical research, they did compared the new developed drug against placebo, to determine the treatment efficacy of the new medication. Most ...
 (Total 111 words)
I've always been amazed by the magic of placebo effect. But what's true is that health is very much mind-driven and the patient's outlook can very well dictate how the treatment progression goes, more than the actual medication or procedu...
 (Total 116 words)
A placebo is anything that seems to be a "real" medical treatment -- but isn't. It could be a pill, a shot, or some other type of "fake" treatment. What all placebos have in common is that they do not contain an active substan...
 (Total 137 words)