General

What is the most frustrating part of your job?

Created by:

21 Nov 2016 - General

Every job has it's own frustration. Share with us your frustrations working in the healthcare industry. Rant away, I'm sure we can all relate in one way or another. 

When the pharmacist is blamed for things we have no control over such as:
- expensive medications - we don't decide the price!
- Medicines with no indications- Didn't your doctor tell you anything or were you not listening?
- No...
 (Total 53 words)
-Being a scapegoat and not able to voice out your opinion as being respective to your superiors. However, this will make us stronger and more aware of handling tight situations later on in life as a healthcare professional.
-Limitations in helpin...
 (Total 151 words)
When people think that dentists are not "real" doctors, and give skeptical looks when you explain the association of symptoms present in oral maxillofacial region to the underlying medical problems.

Ok, maybe that's wasn't...
 (Total 133 words)
For me the most frustrating part of my job would be, patients will fail to see how much work and effort you have put on your job to care and serve them. They treat you unprofessionaly and look down on your capabilities. We can never blame some for fe...
 (Total 100 words)
Frustrations can be there in the healthcare setting too. Managing the whole clinic, laboratory work, assistants can be irritating many times. However, the best time is when you're ready to go home with a smile and just when you're closing the...
 (Total 113 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Its relatively common. In emergency cases, patients usually go to the nearest hospitals, regardless if its private or public. What is even more frustrating is when they incu...
 (Total 137 words)
When there's very little you can do to help the poor in getting the treatment - hospital out of slots for dialysis, long queue for patients having frequent angina for their turn for angiogram, inability to order tumour markers because the hospita...
 (Total 69 words)
Marinelle Castro Oh, those who cannot afford treatment in the emergency room is really frustrating. I have encountered a lot of instances wherein the patient's relatives decided to tran...
 (Total 102 words)
It's a sad moment for me to hear from a patient that they are regular with another clinic but finding anothet GP now. The doctor there just treats them with medication and sends them away.
Complain is superficial and minor,but patients body l...
 (Total 123 words)
As mentioned earlier one of my frustrations of under recognized staff. Thankfully our hospital director has kindly agreed to have a mindfulness secret Santa party to thank and value staffs' hardwork. Hopefully, this will bring smiles to the well ...
 (Total 41 words)
I share the same frustration with Dr Mark Edmon Tan . I am currently having my residency training at a private hospital, and it is frustrating to see patients who are unable to afford the...
 (Total 114 words)
As a fresh graduate doctor, I find the fact that international medical graduates need to go through very long and unguaranteed process to be able to work in a certain country very frustrating. Almost each country sets its own health system that usual...
 (Total 125 words)
As a pharmacist working in an independent retail outlet, you have to look into many things including your staffs and suppliers, your accounting and so on. The most frustration part is the stressful market situation whereby we have some players throw ...
 (Total 64 words)