General
Prescriptions going green: Doctors giving lifestyle advice to patients

Prescriptions going green: Doctors giving lifestyle advice to patients

Shared by:

“Green prescription” is a term coined by healthcare practitioners in New Zealand, which refers to written advice given by a healthcare professional to a patient to be physically active.

today.mims.com

21 Nov 2016 - General

@[You Hi Hong] I agree that there should be specific guidelines for the green prescriptions. The compliance of the patients to the green prescriptions can be increased by periodic follow ups and phone calls either personally or through assistants. Th...
 (Total 75 words)
Most of the life style diseases like cardiovascular diseases, obesity, hypertension, depression require supportive lifestyle advice in addition to the medicines. It has been observed that in these conditions, physicians prescribe only medicines and f...
 (Total 150 words)
It is a great idea of the written “exercise” prescription to the patients. I wonder how specific should be the written exercise prescription, ie the frequency of exercise per week, the duration of each exercise sessions, the different form of exerci...
 (Total 118 words)
Again, all about exercise. I find this new trend more interesting in terms of exercise. Doctors emphasizing more on exercise and even advising to do exercise with significant others through walking -group walking. And even highlighted that it is more...
 (Total 95 words)
Look on the bright side, exercise solves most of our problems these days. Blocked arteries? Stop fattening food, stop smoking and exercise. Diabetes? Cut down on carbohydrates and exercise. Hypertension? Cut down everything and exercise.

If ...
 (Total 147 words)
I totally agree that this is progress. it’s about time that medicine also recognizes that treating patients does not only involve prescribing pills or medications, but also utilizing basic techniques like exercise to restore health and prevent diseas...
 (Total 123 words)
This is progress for the field of medicine. Green prescription is a vital component in preventing complications from lifestyle related disorders such as hypertension and diabetes mellitus. By acknowledging that exercise should go hand in hand with ma...
 (Total 98 words)
This new concept of the "green prescription". We actually have patient coming to consult doctor for weight loss. So I presume it is similar, as the doctor have to draw up an exercise regime to help the patient to have regular exercise and t...
 (Total 106 words)
A new trend in prescription is a doctor giving lifestyle advice to the patients as a green prescription. The green prescription is a term coined by healthcare practitioners in New Zealand, which refers to written advice given by a healthcare professi...
 (Total 123 words)
Most doctors went into the profession with the greatest of intentions, to help and heal others. However, many of them feel confused sometimes about what their patients need the most, practical advice on giving up harmful habits, nutrition, exercise a...
 (Total 129 words)