General
My colleague's suicide showed how vulnerable medical professionals can be

My colleague's suicide showed how vulnerable medical professionals can be

Shared by:

I knew afterwards that my days working as a nurse in the emergency department were numbered

www.theguardian.com

22 Nov 2016 - General

Like what the article said, the magnitude of what a bad day means varies in every profession. Certainly, working in the health industry is not for every body. Its as real as it gets. There are good days and bad days, and its important for a healthcare professional to realize that. Sure, it can be frustrating and at times even depressing, but we should always remain hopeful that the things that we do for other people still matters. Its bad enough that almost all countries in the world are having ...
 (Total 123 words)
As I logged into my social account, the first saw I post was about the Samaritans UK and as I logged into MIMS community, I saw this post. What a coincidence. We are all healthcare profesionals here and we (maybe) have been to a point in our lives where we questioned ourselves, "Why am I in this profession?". Being healthcare professionals isn't an easy job at all, we experience all emotions in just under an hour and still be expected to function as if nothing happened. For some, t...
 (Total 131 words)