General
Enhancing a patient’s discharge planning process

Enhancing a patient’s discharge planning process

Shared by:

Discharge planning is one of a nurse’s main duties, where a plan of care is developed to better the continuity of care for the client. To improve discharge planning, nurses need to follow some basic guidelines, and read on to see some other useful ones to enhance the whole process.

today.mims.com

22 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro That is even a better practice to plan a week ahead of discharge date. As doctors, we have to be meticulous in ensuring that the patient will be able to comply with medicat...
 (Total 119 words)
I agree that its very important to have an organized discharge process. Since I always handle chronic patients with multiple referrals to different specialties, we usually start the discharge planning process as early as one week prior to the target ...
 (Total 129 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan I think it depends on the system and residents of course. I think that it depends if one is working under a government or private hospital. In our department, resident...
 (Total 85 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Exactly, I just hope our doctors are the one who's going to give the home intructions, prescription and orders to the patients personally. But unfortunately we need to f...
 (Total 46 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your input and observations. There are a lot of factors that lead to a delay with patient discharge. I can only comment from the doctor's standpoint...
 (Total 158 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Very well said. The penmanships of doctors have taken a lot of hit lately and we are now legally answerable if we give illegible prescriptions. It is really important ...
 (Total 122 words)
A good article about discharging process and steps about how an effective discharging could lead better for patient in future. Discharging of a patient should be communicated to other HCPs to aware about discharge and they to help patient and nurse ...
 (Total 133 words)
Caring for our patients does not only end upon discharging them but the quality of continuity of care also depends on how effective our discharge summary upon the discharge of the patient. It a attending physicians or residents responsibility to make...
 (Total 118 words)
This is something we have discussed en passing a few months ago. Discharge planning is now in the limelight with this discussion. I will speak from a physiatric standpoint in terms of discharge planning. For those who are ready for discharge, we woul...
 (Total 145 words)