General
Xenophobia: The suffering foreign-qualified doctors face in host countries

Xenophobia: The suffering foreign-qualified doctors face in host countries

Shared by:

The question of foreign doctors facing xenophobia in their host countries is an age-old one, despite them having similar legal qualifications and relevant work experience. Research shows that foreign-born candidates are evaluated less favourably than local-born candidates, despite their education, work experience and personality being on par with each other.

today.mims.com

23 Nov 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz i totally agree that xenophobia is experienced by many people in many work fields, my parents are doctors they were working in an Arabian country and I remember how they s...
 (Total 107 words)
In my experienced i already prepared myself before i arrived that i will not be treated the same compare in the Philippines,the first thing that i did is to learned their language before i start,from there i can communicate with them and to gain thei...
 (Total 277 words)
Great topic for discussion, Mahmoud AbdelAziz . Xenophobia explains why most people treat foreign professionals differently. It is sad, especially in the field of medicine, because cultura...
 (Total 130 words)
Based on hearing the stories of a lot of my colleagues who worked in the Unites States, I think that it is once of the most racist and xenophobic nations in the world. Of course, this is not to mention the racist comments that their newly elected Pre...
 (Total 137 words)
Particularly foreign doctors may face language barriers. The knowledge and fluency of the local language is very important in this regard. Learning the local language is an important bridge in narrowing the gap between the local doctors and local pat...
 (Total 131 words)
Unfortunately this phenomenon is true and has wide spread almost across the globe. The foreign born or trained medical students often receive the perception of being outsiders to the system. Of course the suffering of the doctors who are just foreign...
 (Total 120 words)