General
Singapore’s HSA bans weight loss product 'VIP Bio Mangosteen Complex'

Singapore’s HSA bans weight loss product 'VIP Bio Mangosteen Complex'

Shared by:

The Health Sciences Authority warned against the use of a weight-loss product, after it was found to contain a banned substance that could cause serious adverse effects such as heart attacks and seizures.

today.mims.com

23 Nov 2016 - General

Madhubabu kaaja Growth enhancers are one of the most common cash cows for supplement makers. It is good that you gave him advice that it can probably be a hoax supplement. Unfortunately, your friend still shelled out money for a sham product. I agree with you that we must be very vigilant in selecting supplements and vitamins to take, especially from television-based sellers and internet. I usually become more sus...
 (Total 112 words)
I am glad that Singapore made a research for products which is in demand with the public. This country is really one of those amazing country which regulates their laws and enforce it strictly. I hope that it will be too adapted here it our country. However, for the topic it really mde me outrageous for making people believe of something that is not true. I don't even imagine why they have such conscience to promote products which causes more harm than good effects. Though, personally i'...
 (Total 138 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I too witnessed fake medicines through my friend. Actually my friend height is 5 feet, he wants to increase his height but he has chosen wrong way for that. He attracted to Telebuy add for height grow which consists of AShwagandha, I advised him not to take. By god grace, he didn't get any adverse events. He purchased for 2000 INR for 4 bottles of powder. PEople should beware of Telebuy about w...
 (Total 86 words)
I hate sham products who rip off the public's hard-earned money with sugar-coated, too-good-to-be-true promises. We have to be thankful that health authorities have unmasked this fraudulent product for what it truly is. Marketing an "herbal" product while containing chemicals that could lead to myocardial infarction and seizure is really unfair and unethical. Since we are on the topic of weight-loss supplements, I have noticed that these supplements mostly contain substances that a...
 (Total 161 words)
There should be tighter regulation on such products being sold to the public. Some of these companies are just out to earn money and do not give and concern for the people using it. Those substances that these products contain are extremely toxic. Several years ago, there was a Singapore actress who actually had acute fulminant liver failure secondary to taking slimming pills and ended up with a liver transplant. For those who are attempting to lose weight we medication, please look carefully at...
 (Total 119 words)
Singapore's Health Sciences Authority has noticed the presence of hidden ingredients in a weight-loss product, VIP Bio Mangosteen Complex which is sold on several websites and popular social media platforms, contains very high levels of sibutramine and phenolphthalein, a prohibited and undeclared medicine respectively. Therefore Singapore's Health Sciences Authority (HAS) has warned sellers to stop selling the product immediately. HSA has investigated that the levels of sibutramine in V...
 (Total 118 words)