General
11 Surprising Health Benefits of Sleep

11 Surprising Health Benefits of Sleep

Shared by:

Sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing under-eye circles. Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more.

www.health.com

23 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Ditto with not meeting the recommended 8 hours of sleep on a nightly basis. It feels like wining a million bucks whenever 8 hours of sleep occurs. Thank you for sharing information about the benefits of napping. Apparently, there is a difference between short and long naps. Probably longer ones help in memory consolidation. As for your question, I am not used to napping in the afternoon. In fact,...
 (Total 141 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I rarely get 8 hours of full sleep so I practice a polyphasic sleeping habit. My natural sleeping hours range from 3-6 hours, and depending on the need, I take 60-90 minute naps within the day. Based on sleep research studies, it is highly recommended to nap in the afternoon. There is no standard recommendation regarding the sleep duration because several studies are contradictory. However, it is ...
 (Total 109 words)
Tahira Nawaz Thank you for sharing your insights on the topic. I can attest to sleep being a crucial factor in memory consolidation. When I was reviewing for the Philippine physician licensure examinations, I made it a point to sleep at 10 PM and wake up at 6AM. By doing so, I am ensured of 8 hours of sleep that will improve long-term memory consolidation. It proved to be right for me in terms of remembering stuf...
 (Total 111 words)
Sleep is very crucial to stay healthy and happy as I believe. An adequate and peaceful sleep is good for you to stay alert and active at your workplace because the lack of sleep can lead to a decrease in your productivity with low mood and under eye circles. Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle that has positive effects on our health including a beneficiary effect on all body organs, weight, and moods. A profound sleep can improve your memory, healthy aging, improved lifespan, cur...
 (Total 102 words)
I strongly agree with everything that is written in this article that is why during non-duty nights, i try to sleep as early as 10PM to achieve the recommended 8 hr sleeping regimen for a healthy lifestyle. In this way, I wake up at around 6am to give me enough time to exercise and have my daily morning rituals. I believe that a stress-free day is dependent on a good night's rest. Hitting the sack at 10pm isn't really hard to achieve because in my experience, I still have time to play wi...
 (Total 153 words)