General
The art and science of humanising medicine with technology

The art and science of humanising medicine with technology

Shared by:

With the advent of technology in the world of medicine, are cutting edge tools such as the hand-held ultrasound device coming at the cost of the human touch?

today.mims.com

23 Nov 2016 - General

No doubt that technology is really helpful nowdays. From giving diagnoses, there should be procedures needed to perform before concluding that it is what it is. However, in my opinion, that too much reliance to this technology might cause people harm...
 (Total 87 words)
Well said Marinelle Castro, There is no replacement of human skills and comparison to technology there is always a replacement of old technology with the new one so doctors must have best t...
 (Total 42 words)
No type of technology will ever equate to the value of a good bedside clinical examination. Maintaining a therapeutic alliance with our patients is still an important component of the entire healing process. However, like what ...
 (Total 116 words)
Thank you Chih Chiang Nieh for posting your views about the topic. The best advice can be moderation, doctor's skills must be used where needed and latest technology must also be used ...
 (Total 34 words)
on the other hand, technological advancement isn't a bad thing. It phases out errors and preventable mistakes. Furthermore, it makes the procedure have a greater chance of success. So I guess there should be a balance. We clinicians could use the...
 (Total 94 words)
True enough, with the advent of technology, a lot of clinical skills is loss. Gone are the days where almost every doctor is able to diagnose the type of congenital heart condition just by ascultation and observing clinical signs and pick up rare con...
 (Total 102 words)
It is very true that patients want and needs their doctors to listen, to care and to connect with them because this careful attitude of doctors is very satisfying for the patients and they feel even better with it. I like the comment of a physician t...
 (Total 113 words)