General

What is the best solution for atopic dermatitis?

Created by:

23 Nov 2016 - General

i belive most of the people are suffering from atopic dermatitis. I am one of them too.

I have tried tons of steroid cream, ranging from lowest potency to highest potency ( hydrocortisone, desonide lotion, and even clobetasone propionate), and also OTC creams as emollients.

These are some of the products that works for me, how about you?

1. Steroid cream: Mometasone furate
  2. OTC cream: Physiogel A.I Face Cream (HIGHLY Recommended!)
  3. Antihistamine: Telfast (fexofenadine) > Zyrtec > Bilaxtine

However, i think the best solution is to find the root cause that trigger your allergy reaction and prevent the use of it. After a three-days skin patch test, it was found that I'm allergy to methylisothiazolinone, a chemical that is found in almost 70% of cosmetics and facial products. 

According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the application of moisturizers should be an integral part of the treatment of patients with AD as there is strong evidence that their use can reduce disease severity and the need for pharmacologic in...
 (Total 80 words)
The quarter strength betamethasone (0.025%) will be my first choice for mild eczema (excluding face and neck and other areas of thin skin like the scrotum or raw mucosa surfaces) + clioquinol will be useful for those with broken skin and inflammation...
 (Total 46 words)
@chong men yee mandy
The management of atopic dermatitis will depend on the severity of disease. As you already know, there is a huge spectrum of the disease itself ranging from a tiny small patch of discoid eczema to the generalised exfoliative...
 (Total 133 words)