General
Relieve Constipation With These Foods

Relieve Constipation With These Foods

Shared by:

Feeling a bit, erm... Backed-up? Chances are, a poor diet is contributing to the problem. Skip the drugstore and head to the produce aisle: Here are six healthy foods that can help relieve constipation.

www.readersdigest.ca

23 Nov 2016 - General

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this topic, Madhubabu kaaja and Marinelle Castro. It is true that there are a lot of pediatric cases of abdominal pain and a common diagnosis that I used to encounter as an intern was Functional Constipation. It is defined as chronic constipation that does not have a physical or physiologic...
 (Total 123 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Thanks for sharing your experience as a child! This reminds me of my experience when I was a junior general surgery resident manning the emergency room. I usually get a lot of referrals from the pediatric section due to abdominal pain. During the history taking, i noticed that parents usually miss out on their child's bowel habits. Most of the time, parents tend to think that their child's...
 (Total 136 words)
I would like to share with the group this article that lists down some quick remedies for constipation. When I was younger, I remember that my mother would tell me to lay off apples and bananas and to drink plenty of water whenever I felt constipated. In contrast, whenever I experience loose bowel movement, I avoid drinking dairy products and eating spicy and oily food. Maintaining a fiber-rich diet and making sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day is good for our gastrointestinal healt...
 (Total 114 words)