General
Hong Kong nurses’ suspended over malpractice case

Hong Kong nurses’ suspended over malpractice case

Shared by:

Two nurses from a maternal and child health clinic in Hong Kong face disciplinary action after failing to sterilise equipment prior to the commencement of cervical screening.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

This is sad news. I don't know what happen to these nurses who didn't take their responsibility seriously. It was just a fortunate for the patient who were monitored closely and there is no signs of being infected. However, i am concerned with other patients who examined by these 2 nurses. Because theres a possibility that they have been doing this for long. Indeed, each and every profession should never take for granted a small procedure or should not take shortcuts for it absolutely co...
 (Total 92 words)
You Yi Hong Patient are with us to get treated from their aliments but not to get additional pain due to irresponsibleness as told by Mark Edmon Tan . Treating patient is not at all accepted by any human being. As Marinelle Castro told every indivi...
 (Total 71 words)
The narrated incidents in the stories are really horrible, and I think, no amount of financial compensation is enough to settle these issues. Using an unsterilized speculum on a patient is unforgiveable. In Asian countries wherein a lot of people are not under managed care, people take pains in paying expensive check-ups and treatments just to ensure that their health is optimized. Leaving room for a potential harm is definitely unforgiveable. I am certain that the patient possible also became t...
 (Total 117 words)
I agree with You Yi Hong in saying that this is an unacceptable incident of gross negligence. The patient could have contracted sexually transmitted infection or worse blood-borne infection with the unsterilised speculum. It has been fortunate that the patient was not pregnant otherwise it could have led to maternal infection and other unwanted complications. It is everyone's duty to keep the hospital a clean...
 (Total 123 words)
There are a lot of responsibilities of working in the healthcare settling. The malpractice case of failure to sterilise and proper disinfection was indeed a very serious negligence act. This is because it can potentially leas to transmission of infective disease from 1 patient to another patient. Patient safety can be affected with potential adverse health outcome. This is not acceptable. Fortunately, there was no patient affected by this incidence. In a healthcare settling, compliance to the s...
 (Total 115 words)