General
Malaysia's audit report shows shortfalls in medicine storage, management and procurement

Malaysia's audit report shows shortfalls in medicine storage, management and procurement

Shared by:

The management and storage of medicines at government health clinics are found to be less than satisfactory, while procurement issues also arose, with state-level Health Departments, Pharmacy Logistics Affairs Branches and District Health Offices now having limited authority in purchasing medicine.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan I think employs may afraid of higher officials and all employees may be involved in the act. But all the employes should be respnsible for their healthcare jobs as it affecti...
 (Total 63 words)
You Yi Hong Medicines supply chain management needs several regulations where best medicines are delivered to patients. It seems very wrong practise of MOH approved sites to make drug store...
 (Total 44 words)
HT WEE well said, from last two months I am seeing some issues in Malaysia like budget issues, fake medicines about which we have discussed in our earlier discussions. But MOH continuously ...
 (Total 67 words)
All of this started from the failure to comply with planned preventive maintenance that trickled down to leaking air conditioning sets, inadequate storage rooms, and unsecure storage rooms. It is perplexing though as to how some boxes of medicines we...
 (Total 124 words)
It is quite shocking that the medicine storage in some places are not satisfactory. Proper, safe, and well-regulated storage and management of all medications is very important. Unlocked medicine storage rooms, backdoors left opened, cracked storage...
 (Total 116 words)
I think MOH should really look seriously into Pharmacy Procurement and Inventory. It might help them save a big chuck of money! From what i know now, they do not even do strict audit on the stocks they have, which i thing is not right. They should ke...
 (Total 79 words)
The management and storage of medicines at government health clinics are found to be less than satisfactory, the latest series of the Auditor-General's (A-G) 2015 Report showed.

The second series of the report was released on 21 Novembe...
 (Total 59 words)