General
Doctors perform TAVR for Tetralogy of Fallot patient for the first time in Singapore

Doctors perform TAVR for Tetralogy of Fallot patient for the first time in Singapore

Shared by:

For the first time in Singapore, doctors are able to treat Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, without open heart surgery.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Mark Edmon Tan HT WEE thanking you all for sharing...
 (Total 47 words)
Indeed this is a great advancement in interventional cardiology. When I was a surgical resident, I had the opportunity to assist few corrective surgeries for congenital heart disease. It is very tedious and the recovery time takes awhile since it is ...
 (Total 127 words)
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a great alternative to repairing the ventricular septal defect for those born with Tetralogy of Fallot. I wonder if this has been approved for the repair of a concomitant atrial septal defect in patien...
 (Total 123 words)
Wow this is indeed a great breakthrough in Cardiothoracic surgery. It is impressive that how Cardiothoracic surgery over the years have evolved into! From Transcatheter aortic valve replacement to treating ToF! This will really benefit lots of patie...
 (Total 50 words)
For the first time in Singapore, doctors are able to treat Tetralogy of Fallot, a congenital heart defect, without open heart surgery.

The process known as trans-catheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) sees a specially designed heart valve...
 (Total 48 words)