General
Working out while working: 8 ‘deskercises’ for nurses

Working out while working: 8 ‘deskercises’ for nurses

Shared by:

As healthcare providers, nurses constantly advise patients to exercise. Yet, with stressful schedules, it is hard to walk the talk when all you want is to hit the bed after a long day.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto I too have no time to exercise and to go for gym also. It is good to have dumbbells and your free time . Hm. Good. Keeping in exercise in mind making it in action whil...
 (Total 48 words)
I do work exercises sometimes, when I'm busy and cannot insert a proper visit to the gym due to my schedule. I have 2lb dumbbells in my clinic so I can do arm exercises in the middle of a busy day, but it's not always that I get to take it ou...
 (Total 139 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Let them go hell for their awkwardness, if we are expecting that situation be should do in silent way. These tips can be followed by everyone to minimise work st...
 (Total 58 words)
These are a great way to get the blood circulating and ease tension from muscles and joints for anyone whose job involves long hours at a desk. As I read somewhere, “sitting is the new smoking,” and every hour spent sitting down poses a lot of risks ...
 (Total 114 words)
Madhubabu kaaja very interesting tips to be followed at work for nurses and any one who can't find a break or time to excercise.
Nurses specially are always in stress and their work ...
 (Total 110 words)
Marinelle Castro These tips never replace other important exercises, just for being relaxed from our work as you said. At least we should spend about 1 hr for our exercise and should plan o...
 (Total 42 words)
Mark Edmon Tan It is not a treatment it is treat about author well said. Thanking you for adding posture for lower back pain which is a common for job sitting for a long time. One should do...
 (Total 55 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta these exercise really helpful a lot while you are at working station with your document work. well said, nothing additional time needed for this exercises, you can do bo...
 (Total 63 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan start it tomorrow, I am happy to see you with deskercises. These exercises helpful to makes us fit and healthy and stress free. This is very much helpful for us nurse...
 (Total 69 words)
You Yi Hong yes, it is very interesting when we practising with our colleagues and fellow HCPs which creates fun and improves good relations also. Author named right word for this excercise...
 (Total 85 words)
Tahira Nawaz this is really helpful where we cant go for gym with our tight schedule where we have to manage personal and professional activities. After 10-12 hr of heard working body says...
 (Total 72 words)
I agree with the rest of the community members that these simple exercises are helpful to keep ourselves moving while we are at work. However, I would have to emphasize that these should not substitute (at the very least) moderate-intensity exercises...
 (Total 120 words)
People are getting creative with incorporating fitness with daily activities and I really like the progress. Deskercises are an easy and convenient way to stay in shape while at work. I have long been advocating bodyweight exercises as great everyday...
 (Total 130 words)
I love the idea of taking some stretchercise during the duration of our duty shift. This tips is really easy to comply especially when working on our paperworks or when documenting. For there are some tips mentioned that can be performed when sitting...
 (Total 96 words)
This is very much helpful for us nurses who treat exercise as if like a treatment and not a treat for ourselves. Most of us nurses would treat our duties as if its like a form of exercise and never dare to go out of our way to perform the real activi...
 (Total 97 words)
What a really nice term of “deskercises” ! Those tips in the article of trying to work out while doing our daily job seems like an interesting idea. This can lead to an increase of physical activity in our daily life. Those tips given can be applica...
 (Total 108 words)
I agree that a five minute stretch at your workstation can be beneficial for those times you just cannot make it to the gym. It is very difficult to get the time from a busy schedule for exercise because after long working hours we will prefer to hit...
 (Total 112 words)