General
5 inspiring reads for healthcare professionals

5 inspiring reads for healthcare professionals

Shared by:

In the medical field, just like any other career path, there will be times when you hit rock bottom. Whether you are a nurse, pharmacist, doctor or a medical officer, the high expectations and demands of the job are bound to leave you feeling emotionally drained sometimes.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Good reads from good books are really helpful in inspiring us healthcare professionals most especially in times of hitting the ground where we don't know how to get up and bounce back again. Most of the stories are inspiration and can move us emotionally which can help us be motivated in our daily practice. I personally don't read books but I like to read inspirational quotations from instagram either the good quote of wisdom feed. It is very uplifting to read a positive thought and have...
 (Total 122 words)
The titles of these books are quite new to me, as I guess I am more interested in other genres. These titles, however, seem to make for good reading. I don’t mind autobiographies as long as they are exciting to read, or are well-written. The books that Marinelle Castro mentioned also make me curious to read them, as they seem to show a personal and very detailed perspective of the medical profession, plus exciti...
 (Total 103 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing this list of inspiring books. Honestly, I have not browsed or encountered any of them yet but I will see if I can grab a copy of the books. I would also suggest White Coat by Dr. Ellen L. Rothman. This book is about her journey through medical school. Essentially the setting is that of the whole medical school. It is always a good reminder of how far we have come when we hit r...
 (Total 133 words)
Marinelle Castro It is very good to hear your inner soul about the two books that you have read. But I am not aware of these all books. I felt new and shared to you all. Your words inspired me to read further. I will starts my journey from 'when air hits your brain', I have to check free pdf books any available because I love to read inspiring books and quotes. Its time to tell you about Swami Vivekanada,...
 (Total 101 words)
I have read two of the books that were mentioned in article. I highly recommend "When the air hits your brain" because it is an insightful read. I may be biased because I am also training to be a neurosurgeon, but the way the stories are narrated By Dr Vertostick, they are sincerely truthful and I am sure that every healthcare provider can relate to his experiences. The book by Tracy Kidder, Mountains by Mountains is very inspiring. The author narrates the experiences of Dr. Paul Farme...
 (Total 124 words)