General
Why should doctors encourage online patient communities?

Why should doctors encourage online patient communities?

Shared by:

Online patient communities are platforms that enable patients and healthcare professionals to connect and support one another. Used at the right time and place, online patient communities can be an extremely valuable resource for patients.

today.mims.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Wow, thank you Marinelle Castro for posting an awesome example about the usefulness of online communities. Nowadays people are more attached to social media therefore they are attracted tow...
 (Total 31 words)
Online patient communities are a nice medium to address concerns about their conditions. It helps relieve anxiety especially for chronic cases. I agree with what Dr. Marinelle Castro has sa...
 (Total 138 words)
Online patient communities are akin to support groups. I was told by one of my patients that he joined a stroke survivor's group in Facebook. This convenient form of social interaction helped him cope with his disease. Prior to joining an online ...
 (Total 128 words)
This is a great and unique platform enabling the dessimination of information more easy. This is greatly beneficial to those who have their busy schedules and even people who live far away. This can cut their travel cost going to the physician seekin...
 (Total 113 words)
I also support the online patient communities because these are a tremendous platform for a huge variety of healthcare professionals and patients. For an instant, the online community can have a various healthcare professional from different countrie...
 (Total 126 words)