General
9 Weird Ways You Can Test Positive for Drugs

9 Weird Ways You Can Test Positive for Drugs

Shared by:

Drug tests aren't foolproof: A number of harmless, everyday substances can trigger a false-positive result.

www.livescience.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this topic. I agree with you in having skepticism about the use of rifampicin and fluoroquinolone in relation to having a false positive for opiate use. It is a bit concerning if this is true since rifampicin is part of the anti-Koch's regimen for tuberculosis (Philippines still has a lot of tuberculosis cases). Fluoroquinolone are commonly...
 (Total 143 words)
Marinelle Castro Thank you for sharing your experience from a medical technologist standpoint. It is good that we get the opinion from someone who has experience with working inside the hospital laboratories. Level of evidence was truly not stated but some can be best avoided to avoid false positive tests. One of them is intake of coca tea daily because the leaves are really used for cocaine production. The other...
 (Total 134 words)
Well, I haven’t tried taking any drug screening test ever, but some of the items in this list may seem possible, like the secondhand smoke from marijuana or poppy seeds (though from what I know, these shouldn’t contain opium as this compound is taken from the flower sap and not the seeds).I don’t know about the antibiotics having a positive result for opiates though, also with the baby soap and ibuprofen. Such reactions could possibly be isolated incidences or maybe due to reactions of the subst...
 (Total 137 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Thanks for sharing this article! This is timely because drug tests are increasingly common here in our country because of our President's war against drug addiction. I am also unsure about the credibility and the level of evidence of the studies that were mentioned in the the article. However, I was a medical technologist prior to becoming a doctor. I know that there are certain metabolites th...
 (Total 125 words)
I'm not sure how accurate this information is because I have never conducted a drug screening test in my life so I don't really know how it works. It would be great if anyone can share with us some information regarding how true this is. It would be very helpful and timely to know more about this topic especially now that our current president in the Philippines is waging a war against illegal drugs. In this article, I would have to agree with inhalation of second hand marijuana smoke an...
 (Total 119 words)