General
To Keep the Weight Off, Keep Tracking Your Diet

To Keep the Weight Off, Keep Tracking Your Diet

Shared by:

Keeping track of the foods you eat is an important strategy for weight loss, but continuing to monitor is also important to prevent regaining that weight.

www.livescience.com

24 Nov 2016 - General

Kathleen Peralta Oh my. Am I living under a rock to not know this app? haha. Honestly, I like scribbling in a notebook because it is good for calming the nerves and it reinforces the brain to remember something you jot down. If I ate 8 pieces of chicharon (pork rind), the brain will remember it more and I will feel more guilty. That "motivation shirt" technique was also a disaster in my experience. Moti...
 (Total 158 words)
Yes, there's quite a lot of mobile apps available and that will save you on scribbling down every time you eat something. I assume you don't write it at the end of the day as you will likely forget everything you have consumed. I tried these apps before and again, like with my exercises, I failed to keep on doing it. I just need an inspiration to be able to stay on track. I tried to inspire myself in ways that I can, like buying a smaller size top so I can wear it if I lose weight but se...
 (Total 112 words)
Marinelle Castro Oh I haven't heard of an app for food diary yet. I would check on those applications. Thank you for this new information. It would really sound tedious and irrational to keep track of food intake at first until you get to try it. It shows all the bad habits that one has incurred. It could explain why one is not gaining muscle mass if the goal is to get lean and mean. You would be surprised at...
 (Total 137 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Do you use an app as a food diary? I have several friends and colleagues who used calorie counters and I thought it was too tedious so I do not do it. I know that its important to keep track of one's intake and I think that this is one area of my personal health that I should improve upon. I guess keeping a food diary is a good start because it will remind you of eating habits that contribute ...
 (Total 110 words)
NIKHIL NARVEKAR Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the topic. I agree with your suggestions that a diet high in fiber and low in fat will help one stay in shape. Of equal importance is limiting the intake of refined food such as cakes and pastries. All of this can be efficiently reinforced by jotting it down in a food diary. A food diary is the check and balance of a sound diet. You will be able to track do...
 (Total 151 words)
Tracking the diet is an important tool to control weight. The diet should consist of high fibre diet, fruits and vegetables. The diet should be low in fatty substances like oils as fats provide double the amount of calories provided by the same quantity of carbohydrates. At the same time, monitoring of weight is equally important. It not only tells us the results of our efforts at the same time we become sure that we do not become overweight again as the weight gain also depends on other factor...
 (Total 100 words)
Being mindful of your diet can really help keep you fit and healthy. Some people might find it weird to quantify the calories that come along with every meal but that actually is an effective way to keep track of our diet. One thing that has proven to work for me is keeping a food diary. I used to take note of everything I eat from breakfast to midnight snack and review it at the end of the day. This has helped me cut a few pounds and help me save a lot of money too. For the MIMS Community, do y...
 (Total 118 words)