General
Doctors, do your patients have injection pain fears? Try getting them to cough

Doctors, do your patients have injection pain fears? Try getting them to cough

Shared by:

It comes as no surprise that many people fear the needle. Even if never pierced by a needle in the past, the mere fact that the pointy end will come in contact with skin sends signals that pain is impending. Here, an experienced doctor discusses an unusual method to allay injection pain fears.

today.mims.com

25 Nov 2016 - General

Dr.Mark Edmon Tan, good morning. In Psychological perspective of not showing needle and injection to the patient reduces pain. Patient after seeing injection afraid, fears and silent inject...
 (Total 40 words)
Madhubabu kaaja The cough technique is still a viable, non-invasive option since it is based on the gate control theory. Icing also use the gate control theory to mask pain. This theory by M...
 (Total 156 words)
Many patients are afraid of injection pain especially children. The technique of coughing for overcoming pain is a good technique to follow and I am first time seeing. As Marinelle Castro t...
 (Total 107 words)
This is quite common among many patients. Based on my clinical practice, adding a small dose of sodium bicarbonate to the mixture inside the syringe before administering it significantly reduces pain as reported to my by my patients. I learned this i...
 (Total 128 words)
I actually have seen a film or documentary about this technique. They filmed this with 2 adult people who will have their vaccine. The first patient who will undergo the injection is the person who can tolerate injections and he will be given a vacci...
 (Total 120 words)
Definitely a lot of patients get scared whenever they need to have shots. This is not only seen among the pediatric age group, but in adults as well. I have never tied this technique and based on the explanation behind the mechanism, it is plausible....
 (Total 124 words)
This is not only applicable to doctors but most especially to nurses who gives those painful shots. Not only for children but also some of the adults has this complain of pain whenever injections are being given. I wonder if this is also applicable w...
 (Total 90 words)