General
Why do placebos work?

Why do placebos work?

Shared by:

The concept of the placebo is pivotal in modern medicine. It helps to differentiate the “true” effects of medical intervention, typically pharmacological treatment, from the psychological biases that a patient may conjure in their mind while receiving treatments. Yet, oftentimes we see that its mere concept is sufficient to produce results - let's take a look at why this is so.

today.mims.com

25 Nov 2016 - General

Habiba Twakkol thanking you for your add-ons on placebos. Placebos produces pharmacological activity and adverse reactions. Placebo are low cost and effective to some extent and not so much...
 (Total 42 words)
Madhubabu kaaja
After a study made in group of people were given placebo, Experts say that there is a relationship between how strongly a person expects to have results and whether or n...
 (Total 220 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing this post about placebos and nocebos. Like Priscilla Mae Gobuyan , this is the first time I...
 (Total 147 words)
Tahira Nawaz Priscilla Mae Gobuyan thanking both of you for showing interest on placebo, how it is helping to deal with patent d...
 (Total 34 words)
What a great input! I never heard about nocebo effect not until I found this article. Placebo as mainly targeting for symptom improvement has really no further clinical evidences to treat the underlying pathophysiology of the disease. Rather as being...
 (Total 107 words)
There are several studies about the placebo effect in individuals and it has been observed that placebo effect is produced in most of the cases. Although it is a false state of well being or it is also called as physical deterioration that arises fro...
 (Total 124 words)
The concept of the placebo is pivotal in modern medicine. It helps to differentiate the “true” effects of medical intervention, typically pharmacological treatment, from the psychological biases that a patient may conjure in their mind while receivin...
 (Total 61 words)