General
5 Ways Climate Change Will Affect Your Health

5 Ways Climate Change Will Affect Your Health

Shared by:

Climate change isn't just bad for the plant, it's bad for your health, an abundance of researcher suggests.

www.livescience.com

25 Nov 2016 - General

NIKHIL NARVEKAR Thank you for sharing your thoughts. That is a good observation of the similarity in composition between the human body and the earth. The only difference between the earth and human body is that the body adapts to stress (called allostasis). There would be compensatory changes to accommodate the rise in external temperature. Nonetheless, everyone would agree that the current heat would leave us in...
 (Total 112 words)
Marinelle Castro I agree that the damage we have done is already irreversible but we can still prevent progression of climate change. It is pertinent to delay the harmful effects because the current state of our planet is still inhabitable for the majority of individuals. Thank you for pointing out that we need to recycle everything we use. There should be incentive among companies if consumers want to trade-in t...
 (Total 125 words)
The earth is made up of 70 per cent land and 30 percent water. Similarly our human body is made up of 33 per cent water. Thus any changes that affect the climate on earth will more or less affect the human body. There can be extremes of cold climate as in the Arctic ocean or Antarctica or there can be extremes of hot climate as found in the deserts. Both these climatic conditions would make it difficult for the human body to live and pursue the daily activities. If the water composition is decr...
 (Total 127 words)
I agree that climate change is a serious problem that every human being should do something about. Basically we cannot stop this from happening, but there are things that we can do to protect the environment. From those who are working in healthcare administration, its best to see to it that hospitals are following international protocols on disposal of waste materials. As individuals, we can also contribute buy not using plastic and by making sure that we are doing proper segregation of trash i...
 (Total 116 words)
Tahira Nawaz Thank you for your sharing your opinion about this topic. I agree that the use of CFC-containing substances have really led to ozone damage. It is a good thing that appliances were mandated to be CFC-free a long time ago because those air conditioning and refrigerator units have contributed to global warming in the early 1990s. Have you noticed the allergy cases to be more common these days too? Have...
 (Total 139 words)
As mentioned in the post-climatic changes on the earth are not bad for the planet but these are bad for human health. Global warming is a prominent change that is affecting human health in various ways including heart, lungs, and even skin diseases. Higher temperature with increased pollution, smog and ozone layer depletion are responsible for the overall climatic changes on earth. The excessive use of chlorofluorocarbons containing items including perfumes is very dangerous for the ozone layer....
 (Total 121 words)
Extreme weather conditions can affect our health in so many ways. Changes in climate can cause food scarcity, drought and contamination of water, rapid disease spread, accidents due to natural disasters...the list is unending. The sad news is, climate change is beyond our control. It is the forces of nature that dictate the fate of humanity when it comes to this issue. Global warming is the cumulative result of the abuses of man to his environment. I guess that for now, we are left with planning...
 (Total 112 words)