General
Should doctors be their own doctors?

Should doctors be their own doctors?

Shared by:

Do doctors themselves need to see a doctor when they fall sick? Do they need to see another doctor or could they treat themselves? Such are the age old questions people may ask.

today.mims.com

26 Nov 2016 - General

I agree with Mark Edmon Tan that clinical practice of medicine should always be objective so its not wise to treat your personal symptoms. The only acceptable instances are: if its a commo...
 (Total 122 words)
A good question to discuss here in our community. Should doctors be their own doctors? I actually would like to hear other thoughts and opinions of our dear doctors here in our community. However, in my point of view, doctors should ask help from the...
 (Total 89 words)
I don’t think so because there are several limitations when doctors want to diagnose and treat their own illnesses. As mentioned in the post common illnesses like cold, a little bruise, and sprained ankle can be easily treated with common medications...
 (Total 113 words)
Thank you for posting this topic. The answer for me is definitely no. The art and science of medicine should be practiced with utmost objectivity. This is the reason why most doctors opt not to treat their loved ones, notably when an invasive procedu...
 (Total 133 words)
Just like any other being, we are only human who gets sick including those who works in the healthcare profession especially doctors and nurses. As we always utter, who is going to take care of the sick nurse, we ourselves? Just like with the doctor...
 (Total 129 words)