General
Should research efforts be dedicated to debunking pseudoscience such as TCM?

Should research efforts be dedicated to debunking pseudoscience such as TCM?

Shared by:

A massive disagreement that has erupted between two prominent academics, has put the spotlight on the ethics of investing research into bunk science such as the efficacy of homeopathy and traditional Chinese medicine.

today.mims.com

26 Nov 2016 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan patient safety and efficacy are basic values of any system of medicine. As you said, well controlled study required to prove efficacy and safety which requires ...
 (Total 38 words)
I think that such practices should undergo clinical trials if they get to an extreme degree, especially if issues arise or if they are extremely being promoted, causing potential harm to the public. Having scientific evidence from a well-controlled s...
 (Total 124 words)
Mark Edmon Tan In my view, traditional medicines helpful for well being rather than disease management and critical illness treatment. Many of traditional medicines are written by ancestors...
 (Total 116 words)
I personally feel that we should invest on researches that will propel medicine forward and not waste resources on debunking alternative/ traditional Chinese medicine. It is beneath us to deprive patients of possible advances in treatment simply beca...
 (Total 129 words)