General
5 Valuable Networking Tips for Healthcare Professionals

5 Valuable Networking Tips for Healthcare Professionals

Shared by:

Networking provides a platform for like-minded people to share and exchange ideas. In fact, as a healthcare professional, the opportunity to meet different individuals from the networking events that you attend can have a significant impact in your career.

today.mims.com

26 Nov 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Thank you for sharing this article to be discussed, it is really very beneficial for me,
It is important to know and learn how we deal with each other, how to benefit each other and how to build a new relationships and also how to keep a last long relationship.
Also we have to choose carefully who we are networking with.
Not just in work field but also in our life these tips are...
 (Total 113 words)
Networking is an important tool not only for business man but also for healthcare where benefit is more with networking. Getting knowledge and sharing knowledge is one of key point should keep in mind. Many individuals follow one of givin but if networking approach required further 2 way give and receive, then only networking remains for a long time. Formal meetings, seminars and conferences are the great place for networking where we can meet senior, junior and all level grade employees. So, ma...
 (Total 101 words)
I agree. Especially in private practice, the value of networking is important for a lot of reasons. You need a good network of patients and you also need a good network of suppliers, services and so forth. There's too many people to meet, whose individual offerings will be beneficial to you. At the same time, growing your network helps your practice thrive. I agree with all points presented in this article. #1. Quality vs Quantity--because it is not merely about connecting with a massive amo...
 (Total 162 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz There is a famous quote says “It’s not what you know, but who you know!” This statement of yours is very true in the real world. One may have that once-in-a-generation resume but it will not write recommendation letters for you when applying to tertiary hospitals nor will it ensure referral of patients from other colleagues. Interpersonal skills are very important in the field of medicine. The ...
 (Total 133 words)
There is a lot of merit to building a good professional network. I agree with what the author said about informal meetings. Healthcare conferences can actually serve as a platform in building professional connections. It is also refreshing to interact and learn from the experience of other experts in the field. Apart from the fact that it is enriching, these learnings may actually be applied in one's professional career. In the surgical field, conferences are also seen as an opportunity to s...
 (Total 117 words)
Networking has been the most talk about business outside your profession way back in our college days as far as I can remember, and as well as today. Whether you're a student, in the healthcare world, business or anything else, they get into this so called networking. It is not only earning extra outside your professional job but also it's a way of interacting with other people whom you do not know. It's like improving your interpersonal skills and could also be, on how you sales tal...
 (Total 145 words)
This is a good tips for those who are venturing outside in our medical profession. Networking can be useful in and out of our career. And in networking you can make use of internet or social media as one of your ways to connect with people. Aside from that to strengthen your relationship with the people you have to follow up them in face to face. it is still best to talk to them personally for you be able to express everything clearly. And you can answer right away if they have a question. Anoth...
 (Total 125 words)
There is a famous quote says “It’s not what you know, but who you know!” The value of forming networks with many people inside and outside the field, online and face to face is undeniably effective and can give a great boost to your career. Networking is an old skill with a new twist, thanks to the Internet! Besides the great tips mentioned in the article, there is another valuable advice I would like to add. Help others to network by introducing them to your existing contacts who could be helpf...
 (Total 122 words)