General

Creative activities promote day-to-day wellbeing

Created by:

27 Nov 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto You have quite a number of interesting hobbies! Good for you! :) I admire your commitment to your blog, especially that its a paid space as you mentioned! I’ve also tried several attempts at putting up my own blog (using free hosting for the meantime) but haven’t been able to maintain it after a few months, haha. Soon that would be my next project :) I guess this is better too than ranting o...
 (Total 125 words)
Hi all, sorry, I don't know why the link URL couldn't be shared, as i tried twice. Anyway, here's the link: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161123183914.htm

Mark Edmon Tan Haha, coming up with acronym meanings for plate numbers sounds like fun! I will try to do that with my family sometime, especially on long drives. ...
 (Total 134 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan I also do not see the link that you posted. Anyway, I agree that being creative has a lot of benefits in terms of breaking our monotonous routines and keeping our lives interesting. I try to pain as much as I can, but for now I can only paint as much as once a month. I also try and research on new painting techniques that I am not aware of, and I share this wind a painter's group ...
 (Total 130 words)
I am good with this. I engage in a lot of activities throughout the week because I believe that it is important to keep my mind busy, my life interesting and my every day colorful. Instead of the usual time I devote to work, family, friends, I do certain things on my own that I truly enjoy. For instance, I workout. I
do not get to do this daily, because there are days when my schedule is packed and there is not peep enough for a visit to the gym, but I do so when there is a good 2-3 hours t...
 (Total 209 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan I do not see the link in the post you shared but I agree with the need to engage in creative activities. This allows our minds to have active rest. Its effect is not just for pleasure but also allows us to tap into our creative side that can be used for complex critical thinking and problem solving. Coming up with ideas of creative activities is also fun. It should not be limited to sk...
 (Total 145 words)
From my experience, engaging in a creative activity, even for just less than an hour, has positive effects on the rest of the day. Even writing in my journal for a short time every morning makes me feel better and more optimistic about the things to come. This study shows that creative activities can promote well-being and can make you feel more enthusiastic and positive about yourself. Being busy health care professionals, I know how difficult it is to squeeze in even just a little for this, bu...
 (Total 155 words)