General

Creative activities promote day-to-day wellbeing

Created by:

27 Nov 2016 - General

Link: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161123183914.htm

From my experience, engaging in a creative activity, even for just less than an hour, has positive effects on the rest of the day. Even writing in my journal for a short time every morning makes me feel better and more optimistic about the things to come. This study shows that creative activities can promote well-being and can make you feel more enthusiastic and positive about yourself. Being busy health care professionals, I know how difficult it is to squeeze in even just a little for this, but it may be worth considering, especially if you feel stressed or under the weather. Be it writing, painting, drawing, playing an instrument, or other similar tasks, giving in to the urge of spending time on something creative can possibly have a great impact on your other daily chores/ activities. What creative activities do you do to break the monotony or stress from the day? Do share! :)

From my experience, engaging in a creative activity, even for just less than an hour, has positive effects on the rest of the day. Even writing in my journal for a short time every morning makes me feel better and more optimistic about the things to come. This study shows that creative activities can promote well-being and can make you feel more enthusiastic and positive about yourself. Being busy health care professionals, I know how difficult it is to squeeze in even just a little for this, bu...
 (Total 155 words)