General
Do Antiperspirants Cause Breast Cancer? | TIME.com

Do Antiperspirants Cause Breast Cancer? | TIME.com

Shared by:

Parabens, a major compound in antiperspirants, are found in many breast tumors. But they're present in tissues of non-users as well

healthland.time.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this topic. This innocent-looking paraben is apparently a looming threat towards promoting carcinogenic effects. Good thing that this is not found in the products we use too. I agree with you that we have to be vigilant and up-to-date with this potential carcinogens. Sometimes patients test us too if we are updated with this new findings because they see ...
 (Total 127 words)
Thanks for sharing this very informative article Mark Edmon Tan . After reading it I had to check products that I routinely use and I'm glad to say that I did not see the word "paraben" in any of them! Although the US FDA released an almost reassuring statement regarding the use of common cosmetic products, it is still safer to be vigilant and to avoid using products with such. In fact, if its enti...
 (Total 130 words)
In relation to my previous article, i think that it is just right to discuss this topic further. There have been a lot of rumors going around that antiperspirants cause cancer, specifically of the breast. Some studies support this claim and some don't. However, in my opinion, why would the FDA approve the use of this product if it is highly carcinogenic? Furthermore, there are still no published medical literature and very little clinical evidence that proves that this really causes breast c...
 (Total 129 words)