General
Eggs and Cholesterol - How Many Eggs Can You Safely Eat?

Eggs and Cholesterol - How Many Eggs Can You Safely Eat?

Shared by:

This article explains how many eggs you can eat without harming yourself. Despite being high in cholesterol, eggs don't raise cholesterol in the blood.

authoritynutrition.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Dewi Tina Thank you for sharing your advice. This advice of yours really hits home. Chih Chiang Nieh Thank you for sharing your input about the topic. I see that you draw the line at consuming 2 eggs per day. Each clinician has his/her own limit in terms of advising patients how many eggs to eat. The AHA still recommends not to go ...
 (Total 141 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Always great to hear from an avid fan of eggs. Eggs are truly associated with breakfast because it is one of the easiest but most nutritious food to prepare. Its versatility is also one of the reasons why it is a commonly used ingredient for cooking, baking, pastries, and other types of desserts. I agree with your statement that everything should have a limit including intake of eggs. AHA sa...
 (Total 157 words)
Like I had mentioned previously, everything should be in moderation. Eggs prove to be a highly nutritious source of food and for young people especially toddler and children, this is a very important source of protein and lipid. However, as one gets older, we worry about cardiovascular complications and hence try to cut down. For myself, I eat the egg white - albumin, but I leave out the egg yolk - which is high in cholesterol. This could be an option too. Whatever it is, it is not recommended t...
 (Total 97 words)
I sincerely love eggs. It doesn't matter if it's scrambled, fried, hard boiled, poached etc... I may not eat breakfast, but I love breakfast food. And eggs always remind me of breakfast. I think it's safe to assume that with all things, there is always a good limit, so one cannot have too much of even the good thing. I heard before that 1-2 eggs per day is fine, but some articles say that 6 a week is a healthy ceiling. Maybe keep it to one egg a day? But some omelette meals use about...
 (Total 117 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Thank you for sharing your thoughts and our rich breakfast culture to others. Filipinos love to pair breakfast sausage, cured sweet meat (tocino), or marinated beef tenderloin strips (tapa) with egg and fried rice. A lot of people consume eggs for breakfast in the Philppines and most meet the daily recommendation limit of one egg by the American Heart Association. Eggs have long suffered the...
 (Total 117 words)
joey ymphan Thank you for sharing your opinion on the right frequency of egg intake. To err on the ultra safe side of discussion, consuming one egg every other day will be safe for the general population. It is not expected to cause elevation of cholesterol levels. However, experts on cardiology agree that even consuming one egg everyday will not lead to dyslipidemia and hypertension. As mentioned in the discussi...
 (Total 114 words)
This article simply says it all. Thanks for sharing this. I do love eggs too and I can live with these "silog" meals all day. Silog meals in filipino are called breakfast meals accompanied by fried eggs together with either beef tapa, chorizo, hotdog, meat loaf or anything else. Yes we have this wrong notion that overconsumption of egg may affect our cholesterol levels then eventually cause heart ailments. Well this article has briefly summed it all with the benefits of eggs. Consuming...
 (Total 135 words)
You Yi Hong Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the topic of daily egg consumption. You consume on the average about 2-3 eggs a week which well within the AHA guidelines. Yes, I agree with you that a lot of people avoid egg because they say it is rich in cholesterol. However, they are not aware that most of the cholesterol is HDL. It is similar to the stigma for avocado containing too much fat. However, fat...
 (Total 140 words)
It is an interesting article about consuming eggs !! Personally, I don’t eat eggs on a daily basic. I would eat maybe around 5-6 eggs every 1 to 2 weeks. Egg is a very nutritious food. It is a very important element for the diet of public. A lot of people do afraid about the high cholesterol content in the egg yolks. As mentioned in the article, consuming the cholesterol is quite important as part of our daily diet. We should generally include diet in our regular diet. But, we should not consum...
 (Total 119 words)
Marinelle Castro Thank you for stressing the points of why we should have reservations when it comes to egg consumption. It is true that consuming 30-40 eggs per week is something that I would not recommend to patients. Current American Heart Association Guidelines state that intake of one egg a day is safe for people with normal blood cholesterol levels. I would have to agree though that the manner of cooking ma...
 (Total 129 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Personally I consume about 3-5 eggs per week, although 5 is a rarity. Since there is conflicting evidence regarding the benefit and harm that egg consumption poses, then its safe to consume eggs in moderate amounts. Those who have a genetic predisposition for dyslipidemia, should have themselves checked and closely monitored. The author shared her experience in consuming about 30-40 eggs per week, ...
 (Total 133 words)
Madhubabu kaaja It feels great when I hear of fellow egg fanatics. Omelettes are really a great dish for breakfast especially with cheese and mushrooms. Yummy! Eggs over easy are great with curry. I like the one you stated about eating egg with green leafy curries. Egg-based desserts are really delicious too such as custard and creme brulee. I could go on with mentioning really great egg recipes but I will go to t...
 (Total 168 words)
Good to see this food related article DrMark Edmon Tan. I like eggs to take as an omelette but I will take weekly ones for munching with my regular food especially with green leaf curries. Less risk of heart disease are reported with egg consumption, good to see this article. What might be cause of that 88 years aged man who has taken 25 eggs per day with normal cholesterol? I am not getting. Hm! Thanking you fo...
 (Total 81 words)
Thank you Tahira Nawaz for your valuable stand on daily egg consumptio and enlightening us on the role of cholesterol in membrane stability and production of important hormones. It is great that you mentioned the controversies of egg as cause of hypertension and high blood cholesterol. i am a huge defender of daily egg intake too and would like to stress a few points. Cholesterol intake does not induce cholestero...
 (Total 156 words)
There is no doubt that eggs are very nutritious food and it must be included in our daily diet especially in breakfast. There are controversial stories about the eggs as few people believe that eggs can cause hypertension while other say that eggs can elevate blood cholesterol level. The fact is that eggs are rich in protein and cholesterol but that does not mean cholesterol is directly mixed in the blood. Cholesterol in the body is used to make steroid hormones in the body like testosterone, es...
 (Total 108 words)
It is stated in this article that you can eat as many as 3 eggs per day without having to worry about you bad cholesterol levels shooting up. I'd say that this can be true if these are boiled eggs. The manner of cooking can make a difference. Eating 3 fried eggs is entirely a different story than having them boiled or poached. This article even says that it is actually beneficial to our health to have more than 1 egg per day. I think eating 1-2 eggs is ok but i was completely blown away by t...
 (Total 162 words)