General
6 Reasons You Should Stop Showering Every Day, According To Science

6 Reasons You Should Stop Showering Every Day, According To Science

Shared by:

Showers work like coffee for some, providing the stimulation it takes to wake up and start the day. Other people use them to wind down and relax after a tough day or difficult workout. But according to dermatologist Dr. Ranella Hirsch in an article f

www.bustle.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh Thank you for sharing your sentiments and medical opinion about this article. I agree that the author has no scientific basis concerning the article's claims. Mentioni...
 (Total 137 words)
Dewi Tina Showering twice a day is a good practice and everyone should make it a habit. There is one thing that we have failed to discuss with showering though - exfoliating, loofah/ whatever...
 (Total 130 words)
Jennifer Winter Thank you for sharing your opinion. Great to hear from you again in the MIMS community by the way! It is totally gross to skip shower. I could not even fathom somebody not t...
 (Total 134 words)
This does not seem to be a convincing article. The author has got no scientific basis. In fact, if one doesnt shower for more than 2 days, the bacteria load will accumulate and in fact, even cause infection. I think people should stop reading such ar...
 (Total 50 words)
I just skimmed through the article as the idea of not taking a shower for me is a big NO NO. The writer also said that he hates to take a shower. I cannot even. I need to shower daily. If others choose to do so they may do so. Truly taking a shower i...
 (Total 79 words)
You Yi Hong I agree with you in saying that most of the reasons are not really valid. One is too superficial even. Everyone has a different take on showering but the comments in this sectio...
 (Total 152 words)
Marinelle Castro Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the author's perspective is quite hilarious. I really laughed hard when she said that showering daily can ruin manicure. Apparen...
 (Total 130 words)
Interesting article of NOT to shower every day. Would agree with Marinelle Castro that is actually funny. I would say people who are not keen to shower everyday will be much delighted with ...
 (Total 127 words)
Thank you for sharing this topic Mark Edmon Tan It was actually funny. Perhaps people shower for different reasons. I guess the one who wrote the article only showers when he/she is dirty....
 (Total 113 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Thank you for sharing with us this interesting story. I could not believe that one could feel all sweaty and dirty all day yet elect to skip shower when it is readily ...
 (Total 144 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this topic. i agree with you in the need to take a shower once getting home from work. It would be extremely irresponsible if o...
 (Total 141 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the topic.I share the same sentiment with you in not believing all health articles. This would even end up in all social media ac...
 (Total 135 words)
HAHAHA. This week I was in a medical-dental mission in the mountains and I was with this woman. So we had a busy day in the field and we were all tired, and at the end of the day, she changed her clothes and slept. I was so grateful I had the twin be...
 (Total 161 words)
I think this is not applicable to all healthcare providers. This is mainly because we are the first person who are actually exposed to such pathogens which can be transferrable to our loved ones. I don't know if this kind of hygiene was adapted b...
 (Total 116 words)
I have to strongly disagree with this article. Actually, this kind of articles is one of the reasons that make me not necessarily believe any article claims it is “according to science”. I personally have to shower at least 3 times a day mainly due t...
 (Total 110 words)
Since it is a Sunday, I would like to share a light medical topic. The topic is about showering and its effects on medical health. A little disclaimer before anyone passes on judgment. I could not stand skipping shower for a day. I usually bathe 2x ...
 (Total 161 words)