General
Suicide prevention programmes must be intensified - PH lawmaker

Suicide prevention programmes must be intensified - PH lawmaker

Shared by:

Alarmed over reports that more children as young as 10 are committing suicide in the Philippines due to depression, a lawmaker wants more intensive programmes and research on mental health to prevent the youth from taking their own lives.

today.mims.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Oh my, I personally had no idea of the alarming rate of suicide in children aged below 10 years old. This makes me sad. but I am glad that people are finally taking mental health seriously. I know we are a long way from effectively addressing the pro...
 (Total 92 words)
We are not superior to god,who send us to this land for a specific reason to help other human we are not owner of life and body. Government and social bodies and and all of humans responsible for suicide. We should not take permanent decision for tem...
 (Total 59 words)
This is something refreshing for our daily news. I thought that all senators and congressmen were engrossed with their daily soap opera starring the senator in question. Honestly, I've been waiting for just one senator to even just think of some ...
 (Total 153 words)
Its good the our lawmakers are currently thinking of ways to address future problems that the country might suffer. Its true that suicide rates in the Philippines is most likely lower than other countries. However, if there is an increasing trend, it...
 (Total 136 words)
Wow! I've never known that suicidal rate among children less than 10 years of age has this been alarming. The article should have placed some information that among the percentage, how many are within their families supervision or may most of the...
 (Total 142 words)