General
Quack doctor performed eight successful surgeries, Nandi Assembly is told

Quack doctor performed eight successful surgeries, Nandi Assembly is told

Shared by:

The quack doctor arrested in Nandi County last week had performed eight 'successful' surgeries before he was stopped, the county chief health officer says.Dr Edward Serem told County Health Committee members that Ronald Kiprotich Melly was so meticulous in his work that nobody would have suspected he was unqualified.

www.the-star.co.ke

27 Nov 2016 - General

Wow! How lax is the health industry that he was actually signed into the hospital. The article isn't so clear, but did he get found out because of the death? Anyway, their proposed solution kinda makes the statement "the end justifies the means", true because what's being said here is that since he was successful, he shouldn't be punished. I think some negligence was performed--regardless of the good outcome. He did train, but they were incomplete, but if so then I know of ...
 (Total 156 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Usually, there are standard policies in hiring a physician to practice in a certain region. Based on international standards, there should be a committee or a board that reviews that credentials of applications. In our institution, we refer to this board as a "credentialing committee". To ensure that there is no bias, there are several members of this committee coming from various s...
 (Total 110 words)
This is the first time i read about a quack doctor who actually performed surgery. I wonder how he did a surgery with out any investigation with his reputation. Like how? I don't know why other doctors let him perform such. I find it unfair to those who burned their eyebrows in learning medicine for years. I believe that though his record of surgery was successful, he still needs to undergo a proper training which will help him in the future. If he really wants to pursue that career, then i ...
 (Total 129 words)
I remember we had a similar discussion in the community about quack doctors, and someone posed an idea that these quack doctors might in fact be a genius. If these doctors are "geniuses" or if they have superior intelligence, they should have gotten a certification that they are qualified to perform these delicate surgeries. It is dangerous practice to allow anyone who is not a qualified expert to function as such - - most especially in the field of surgery, wherein simple mistakes can...
 (Total 126 words)
Madhubabu kaaja This is downright hazardous for patients because the quack doctors are inexplicably listed as qualified physicians. This means that counter checking with the government provided system is futile because quack doctors will still appear as legitimate. It is bothering to know that the quack doctor was not even noticed until he has performed the ninth surgery. Regardless of the outcome, the eight patie...
 (Total 129 words)