General
No-smoking policy EO awaiting Duterte's signature

No-smoking policy EO awaiting Duterte's signature

Shared by:

The Executive Order (EO) on the no-smoking policy in public places is sitting on President Rodrigo Duterte's desk, awaiting his signature.

cnnphilippines.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Thank you for sharing your sentiments about the law that will prohibit public smoking. Even smoking in one's car is considered a violation once this bill is passed. I feel that it is only right to ban smoking in public areas because this law will a.) protect the health of non-smokers who have to suffer second and third-hand smoking since they do not have a choice b.) play an integral part in ...
 (Total 161 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I cannot think of any disadvantages to this new policy proposal so I really hope that this is will be approved by our president. However, being a previous heavy smoker, I know that it is difficult to quit and tobacco use is a real addiction. I can always claim that quitting cold turkey works best, but this is not the same for everyone. Having said this, I hope that every establishment will create ...
 (Total 122 words)
It is a known fact that smoking, as well as second-hand smoke, is very bad for the health. As a physician, I am a strong advocate of the anti-smoking campaign. For so many years, there have been a lot of health programs created by the Philippine Department of Health to raise awareness and encourage people to quit smoking. But sadly, I still see a lot of people smoking in public places from youngsters to the more senior population of society. I'm sure even chronic smokers have tried time and ...
 (Total 161 words)