General
DOH Secretary: Philippines lacks 15,000 doctors

DOH Secretary: Philippines lacks 15,000 doctors

Shared by:

There is a dismal doctor to population ratio of 1 doctor for 33,000 Filipinos. We need seven years to meet the ideal ratio, says the Department of Health.

cnnphilippines.com

27 Nov 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro If prescription is limited to areas with workforce shortage, then abuse will not be an issue. This is especially true for the far-flung areas where having just one healthca...
 (Total 141 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I have also considered the potential for abuse and misuse of prescriptive authority, and I understand your reservations. In fact prescriptive authority in the US varies from...
 (Total 141 words)
Marinelle Castro Yes, blame it on the brain drain of Asia because healthcare professionals are poorly compensated. I always believed that Asian healthcare professionals are really skilled a...
 (Total 161 words)
Philippines is not the only country who suffers from the same problem about the scarcity of doctors. I have studied the history of the American healthcare system, and one of the measures by which they addressed this is through offering a tiered educa...
 (Total 147 words)
There is a shortage of doctors in the Philippines because of inadequate compensation compared to what other countries has to offer. Most of my batchmates forwent residency training and took the US Medical Licensure Exam because doctors get paid more ...
 (Total 188 words)