General
Orphan drugs - Exactly how much of a financial burden are these?

Orphan drugs - Exactly how much of a financial burden are these?

Shared by:

The price tag of orphan drugs has been known to raise quite a few eyebrows - given the drugs are developed to treat ultra-rare diseases, it is not surprising that pharmaceutical companies will charge premium prices to ensure a healthy return-of-investment on their products. So how much do these truly cost?

today.mims.com

28 Nov 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan If a drug fails at phase III or phase IV clinical trials, where major drugs fail to meet then the loss we can not estimate, so we should consider this risk factor also. Thank...
 (Total 43 words)
Madhubabu kaaja It is great to hear someone with extensive knowledge share his information to everyone. Thank you for sharing us how it works in the pharmaceutical industry as it made me app...
 (Total 148 words)
Mark Edmon Tan Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Sometimes it takes more than 20 years also. A drug journey start from computer aided drug d...
 (Total 240 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Please excuse my ignorance on this topic. It is more complex than the article suggests. Thank you for showing us the broad picture of how hard it is to manufacture and seek ...
 (Total 135 words)
What a heartbreaking news for each and everyone. The ODA orphan drug act is primarily designed to orphan diseases. Over pricing of these drugs for the companies profit and own good is really shocking. I have a niece with mascular dystrophy and we can...
 (Total 85 words)
Mark Edmon Tan frankly speaking about prices of an innovator is very high even some times rich patients cannot afford it like cancer, hypertension, diabetes treating drugs, that to orphan d...
 (Total 154 words)
It breaks my heart to see articles like these. The Orphan Drug Act was supposed to make medicines for ultra-rare diseases become eventually available and affordable for everyone. As expected, businessmen leveraged this act to make excessive profit in...
 (Total 104 words)
The price tag of orphan drugs has been known to raise quite a few eyebrows - given the drugs are developed to treat ultra-rare diseases, it is not surprising that pharmaceutical companies will charge premium prices to ensure a healthy return-of-inves...
 (Total 51 words)