General

Math? That's Why I Became A Doctor!!!

Created by:

28 Nov 2016 - General

"I'm not good in Math. That's why I became a doctor."

I wasn't exactly bad in Math, but I was just good until Trigonometry. When I was in London and doing Statistics, Mechanics and Calculus--I wanted to kill myself. I don't even know why I chose MATHS for my A-LEVELS because I don't need it in Dentistry. 

"I'm not good in Math. That's why I became a doctor". 

This is a very common phrase. I here it a lot with friends and colloeagues. When something needs to be solved mentally, we all try to solve it and then laugh --- "I hate Math. I became a dentist because I didn't want to trouble myself with Math." And that becomes a common excuse for wrong mental computations, that ought to be quite easy most of the time. 

Is this the same for you or is this limited to dentists? HAHAHA!

I studied in a Chinese school where math was the signature subject. We had math subjects in both English and Chinese language. In case anyone is wondering, we have math problems written in Chinese too and we need to solve the problems and answer them...
 (Total 116 words)
Hahaha! Good to know it's not just me or not just dentists. But really, I like Math. I wasn't exactly bad at it, but it's just so hard to apply and I think Marinelle Castro is r...
 (Total 97 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Haha this statement is very much relatable for doctors. A lot of colleagues always say that whenever they have to calculate. Unfortunately, even in medicine, we canno...
 (Total 119 words)
I am a pharmaceutical research scientist, I too poor in maths upto my Secondary school but I have chosen Maths based course in intermediate , l got only 42% in secondary school and I improved to 75% in intermediate. I am not getting that I am fall...
 (Total 93 words)