General
How to (seriously) read a scientific paper

How to (seriously) read a scientific paper

Shared by:

Reading becomes easier with experience, but it is up to each scientist to identify the techniques that work best for them.

www.sciencemag.org

29 Nov 2016 - General

Thanking you for providing a good post for research article. Literature search is one of my supporting job based on which my product development is started. I refer various journals, patents and information from regulatory bodies. While reading research article first I will see the title which gives initial information and follows abstract, thats enough I can understand or estimate what is the content. Thats it. Then I will deep into the experimentation, results. Conclusion is useful for dealing...
 (Total 94 words)
This article provides several insights on how to read a scientific paper. For health professionals, it is a MUST to be proficient in selecting and appraising literature. Like most participants in the article, I also find reading the abstract useful. If I think that the article is useful, I go ahead and read the methodology. Based on experience, reading the methodology gives me an idea whether the study is reliable and the results are valid. After this, I look at pertinent graphs and finally the ...
 (Total 133 words)