General
Serial killer nurse shines spotlight on healthcare professionals

Serial killer nurse shines spotlight on healthcare professionals

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals, with their medical knowledge, have the power to save lives. Conversely, they are also in the perfect position to take them away, if they so choose.

today.mims.com

30 Nov 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz first, I want to thank you for your comment , I liked it so much, specially that " healthcare facilities are for treatment and for helping patients get cured", and as mentioned in the article that healthcare professionals who did such crimes are mentally retarded.
What kind of retardation that push you to kill a patient or a colleague? And how the owner of government recruits them ...
 (Total 110 words)
Madhubabu kaaja I agree with you. No man on earth has the authority to take the life of another. Killing is bad period. However, the justice system does not view this as absolute. The presence of mental incapacity gives leeway to crimes committed. I am not saying that the perpetrator should be punished after committing 8 murders. However, this perpetrator really needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist for an under...
 (Total 128 words)
It is rare to encounter healthcare professionals to commit murder on patients because all of us have passion for maintaining human health and preserving life. I am certain that nobody will study extensively just to commit murder. Like @ mentioned, it is highly likely that serial murderers are suffering from mental illness. Perhaps, a delusion of some sort that what they are doing are helpful. The article mentioned end-of-life care ethical issues rather than "murder". Perhaps these nurs...
 (Total 116 words)
As Mark Edmon Tan told psychic problems may be cause for this evens. We are for healthcare another for life kill even if we don't know healthcare we should not perform our job. On this earth no body has right to kill other human beings and all are equal before supreme god. I have seen in news that a US nurse killing patients for money actually I wanted to post that news and I was not posted. Hearing with thes...
 (Total 102 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz There is definitely a mental illness component to this type of serial killings. No healthcare professional, be it a doctor, a nurse, a medical technologiist, pharmacist, or therapist would think of harming the patient in the right frame of mind. All of us work towards giving patients the best quality of care. The statistics are eye-popping though that 86% of perpetrators are nurses. I wish that ...
 (Total 138 words)
Thanks for your comment Priscilla Mae Gobuyan, I agree with you that nurses along with all other healthcare professionals do spectacular job every day all over the world. But as you say “it is rare to see nurses and healthcare professionals take the center stage for killings, homicides but when do, they really shine so bright!” This phenomenon is actually not exclusive to healthcare professionals. Many other fiel...
 (Total 158 words)
"Serial killer nurse shines spotlight! what a catchy headline for nurses! That is true that it is rare to see nurses and healthcare professionals take the center stage for killings, homicides but when do, they really shine so bright! I was saddened upon reading this because as nurses, we worked to save lives. We are knowledgeable enough to save the lives of the people and not by intentionally killing them. It could have been that some of the cases that were mentioned here was somewhat, with...
 (Total 117 words)
The news of killing 8 home residents in Ontario by an Ex-nurse has sparked an angry wave all over Canada and led to have a further look in this phenomenon. Like any profession, criminals sometimes exist also in the healthcare profession. It is really surprising to know that nurses were the accused killers in 86% of the cases in a study on these killings. Most of these deliberate homicides were committed by HCPs with personality disorders or sadistic attitudes that intended to harm their patients...
 (Total 136 words)