General
Working in healthcare: Making mistakes and seeking advice

Working in healthcare: Making mistakes and seeking advice

Shared by:

Healthcare professionals are human first and foremost, and are thus not immune to mistakes. Therefore, it is imperative to realise when help is needed, and to ask for it when the necessity arises, especially when still in training.

today.mims.com

30 Nov 2016 - General

As what everyone is saying, it is indeed true that the best teacher is gained from experience. Whether your did great or otherwise. It is still labelled as your own lesson throughout your career. However, when one commits mistake, it is only right to...
 (Total 57 words)
As the saying goes, experience is the best teacher and repeatition is the mother of learning, whether you are a licensed physician or nurse by profession, on will really start from scratch and prone to committing errors. If you're a newbie who ju...
 (Total 96 words)
Experience is the best teacher. We get educated inside the classroom but we learn through life process. Every doctor has surely made a booboo along the way especially as a medical or senior intern. The important thing with making mistakes is to not s...
 (Total 163 words)
I agree that doctor fatigue may contribute to medical errors. One can easily overlook allergies and drug interactions when one is in a hurry to "dispose" of a patient. Like what was mentioned in the article, sadly this is very common. In ou...
 (Total 147 words)
It is true about how being fatigued comes with errors. Regarding patient safety the US has adopted the no work beyond 24 hours per shift and not more than 80 hours per week. I agree how that definitely is a good rule to implement but I don't see ...
 (Total 132 words)
This article has highlighted a very crucial challenge all healthcare professionals encounter at some stage of their career, the fear of making mistakes and what should we do when something goes out of control. In Malaysia, the training period directl...
 (Total 137 words)